Pulling down over head powerlines.

bas wrote

Don't be surprised if you have to pay some compensation to them as well as the cost of the repairs.

No comment then bonehead? :LOL:
Not even on the four china men getting fried?

Sponsored Links
Remind me again who it was who drove a digger into overhead cables....

Man who makes no mistakes makes sweet fa.
I reckon you make sweet fa.
The chinese are good at making stuff so make plenty of mistakes.

Sponsored Links
Just got a bill for £2700 from NIE.

We don't mind paying for the severed cable but not the entire transformer.
We believe it's nie's fault that their fuse didn't save the transformer.
But how do we prove this?

Might have been worse.

The damage done was 100% down to you and your negligence and incompetence.

End of the day it is an overhead line it can be seen, there are HSE guidelines on how to avoid danger from them that do require you to notify NIE if working near power-lines.

Really you should feel relieved not to be facing any criminal charges.

I doubt you'll have any success with that.

Simple solution is to show them your full risk assessment for the job, the contact you had with the DNO before the work to check it was ok and wouldn't endanger you or others, and photos of the site before the work commenced correctly signed and laid out to prevent diggers Ect moving close to the power lines.

Oh wait...

Too many variables to prove it, you would also have to prove bad practice, but as I suspect that most of the other DNOs use the same fuse size it would be pretty impossible!!

bas wrote

Have a read back on the thread and you will see it was not I that was driving the machine.

Is that a fact? So how do you come to that conclusion?
Especially since I was no where near the accident when it happened. :rolleyes:

OOh and I'm just a navvy btw. Nothing to do with the firm. Though I am the bossmans brother so I will be urging him to fight these barstewards.

I doubt you'll have any success with that.

We'll see. Your about as useful as ti*s on a bull.
No surprise there. :LOL:

Wot you got to say now you f*****g arzewipe?

dont think i have read a thread yet that has taken my fancy that BAS hasn't upset someone LOL

Agreed, it is a stupid mistake. Its a accident and im sure they never ment to drive into the lines. Accidents happen.

However this is why we have risk / method statements to try and reduce this sort of thing happening. Im sure all parties have learnt and thank god no one was injured or worse killed.

I'm not that upset yet. But if he posts any more snide comments then he'll really know just how upset I can get. :evil:
Maybe the mods should lock this one. :rolleyes:

bas wrote

Have a read back on the thread and you will see it was not I that was driving the machine.

Is that a fact? So how do you come to that conclusion?
Especially since I was no where near the accident when it happened. :rolleyes:
Well - since you also appear to be nowhere near a suitable level of competence at English, I'll try again with a few changes, and I'll start by reminding you of your opening post:

We pulled down a power line from a transformer to a property with the digger yesterday.

Might have been worse.

The damage done was 100% down to you (as in the collective "you" which is the "we" in your opening post, and the "we" in this one) and your negligence and incompetence.

End of the day it is an overhead line it can be seen, there are HSE guidelines on how to avoid danger from them that do require you to notify NIE if working near power-lines.

Really you (as in the collective "you" which is the "we" in your opening post, and the "we" in this one) should feel relieved not to be facing any criminal charges.

I doubt you (as in the collective "you" which is the "we" in your opening post, and the "we" in this one) will have any success with that.

dont think i have read a thread yet that has taken my fancy that BAS hasn't upset someone LOL
Strange, isn't it, how people often get upset when their stupidity and incompetence are highlighted and their mistakes criticised.

Agreed, it is a stupid mistake. Its a accident and im sure they never ment to drive into the lines. Accidents happen.
They do.

And nearly always they are as a result of somebody making a mistake, and not doing what they should have done.

There are many instances where saying "I made a stupid mistake, it was an accident, I never meant to do it, accidents happen" is not going to help you one little bit.

However this is why we have risk / method statements to try and reduce this sort of thing happening.
Indeed.

No excuse at all for hitting a power cable though.
No excuse at all for hitting a power cable though
Don't be daft.

Im sure all parties have learnt and thank god no one was injured or worse killed.
As I said, they should consider themselves lucky that they are not facing criminal charges.

Strange, isn't it, how people often get upset when their stupidity and incompetence are highlighted and their mistakes criticised.

They do.

And nearly always they are as a result of somebody making a mistake, and not doing what they should have done.

There are many instances where saying "I made a stupid mistake, it was an accident, I never meant to do it, accidents happen" is not going to help you one little bit.

However this is why we have risk / method statements to try and reduce this sort of thing happening.
Indeed.

No excuse at all for hitting a power cable though.
No excuse at all for hitting a power cable though
Don't be daft.

Im sure all parties have learnt and thank god no one was injured or worse killed.
As I said, they should consider themselves lucky that they are not facing criminal charges.

Another stupid post from an arzewipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back