Pyronix Euro 46 and smoke detectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I have wired 12v smoke detectors into my Pyronix Euro 46 panel and configured then as fire in the inputs. Currently when the smoke detector triggers the alarm panel , internal speaker and external sounder all go off. Anyone know if and how I can configure the fire inputs so it doesn't set the whole alarm off when the smoke alarm triggers? Ideally I would like the Euro 46 alarm panel to record the fire event being triggered but the audio only coming from the smoke detectors.

Sponsored Links
What smoke detectors have you used ?
Generally when a fire output is triggered on an alarm panel both internal and external sounders pulse/sound

Maybe you could try this, go to Volume Control and set Fire to "0" and then go to Change Outputs and set Bell Opt from "Siren Any" to "Unconfirmed Any"

This way the internal sounder will not sound nor will the external siren. You will however get an alert on keypad and the event will be logged. (Ext Siren will only trigger upon an intruder activation)

Another way could be to programme the smokes as "Silent HU" (Panic Alarm) (Not to be used if system is going to be monitored)

Worth a try to see if this suits your requirements.

Sponsored Links
Surely if the smokes go off in the middle of the night, or at any time, the idea is to let everyone know that they are about to be burnt to death, do it properly.

A smoke detector is a life threatening warning device not a toy to be played with. Knowing that there is a fire sooner rather than later could save your family's lives.

Surely if the smokes go off in the middle of the night, or at any time, the idea is to let everyone know that they are about to be burnt to death, do it properly.

A smoke detector is a life threatening warning device not a toy to be played with. Knowing that there is a fire sooner rather than later could save your family's lives.

Agreed, but my wife burns a lot of toast.

Seriously tho you make a good point.

You can get combination detectors which require smoke & heat or large smoke alone that way eliminating the burnt toast situation. Texecom make one which is part of the exodus range. Alternatively fit a heat only sensor in and near kitchen.

Maybe you could try this, go to Volume Control and set Fire to "0" and then go to Change Outputs and set Bell Opt from "Siren Any" to "Unconfirmed Any"

This way the internal sounder will not sound nor will the external siren. You will however get an alert on keypad and the event will be logged. (Ext Siren will only trigger upon an intruder activation)

Will the 15 minute timer work if the output is programmed this way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back