Q. What should be done to portable electronic equipement ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a daft question in a test recently...

here it is..

Q. What should be done to portable electronic equipement when tested?

Potential Answers:

A1. Checked by a H&S Officer.

A2. Serviced by competent electrician.

A3. Must be earthed unless double insulated.

I would say A2 or A3 but not sure which one of the two is the correct answer...

any ideas appreciated!!

Sponsored Links
A4 read the information you were given to get the correct answer.

I wouldn't h & s officer may not be called pat.
:LOL:

besides to use PAT testing kit you should be "suitably trained" just becuse some one is a h & s O doesnt mean to say they know how to use PAT tester, they should know to look for siticker to say it has been tested though

Sponsored Links
I reckon PAT tested by a person trained to do it is what they mean, but it's a poorly worded Q.

What if it was being tested to see if in calibration, or for functionality not safety?

breezer
what is it with people like you who post all day that means you can make snidey remarks?

it wasnt a snidey remark, the 1st part is humour, the 2nd part is fact
a h & s officer does not need to know know how to do something, they do need to know is the working practice safe, that is why i pointed out they will look for a PAT tested label, but they do not need to know how to PAT test.

another example would be apainter painting a wall, a h & s offices wouldn't care wht paint is used, so long as the paint is stored safely, a clean and tidy working enviroment and the painter is not painting off a ladder.

Ladders are not work platforms, they are only to be used for access, ie, you would have a ladder secured, to gain access to a platform on say scaffholding

BobbyB said:
A1. Checked by a H&S Officer.

A2. Serviced by competent electrician.

A3. Must be earthed unless double insulated.

I am a trained PAT tester, but not an H&S O, and no evidence that I am a competent electrician.

Most H&S Os seem to mostly do forms and questionnaires, and are not PAT trained or electricians (competent or otherwise).

What did the instructor claim was the right answer? "none of the above"?

BobbyB said:
breezer
what is it with people like you who post all day that means you can make snidey remarks?

You got there before me.

I think it makes them feel superior, when it just makes them look like tw*ts! Its not the first time nor I'm sure will it be the last.

Anyone in order not to ruin this thread, I will post on another new thread.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=247159#247159

Bazdaa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back