Qualified Plumbers; Advice please.

I'd hate to have a deadline time like 1:30pm to finish by!

imho its up to you. You will need
1) good attitude
2) intelligence.

I took a chap who'd done an engineering degree, on a job. I put one rad on a wall, explaining everything I was doing. Then I watched as he did the next one, explaining everything he was doing. The place had differing walls. I said I was going to stand on each one and he wouldn't get paid unless they all stayed on the walls.
It took him 3 days to do the remaining 20 rads, with valves and tails into the floor.
He got paid.
We carried on in similar way. WHile I was doing the boilers he did much of the piping labour.
There was one small leak on one compression fitting.
He's employable.

Sponsored Links
So theres hope!

I don't mind doing all the labouring work, or anything required, as long as i'm learning on the job

IMHO one of them fast track things would be an impedence to you rather than the chairman mao great leap forward you seem to think it is

Get out and about with someone like chris for a bit and see if actually would like to do the job before you part with any hard earned or time.

You may not like the conditions of the job, unless you spend a bit of time doing it how will you know?

Sponsored Links
I agree I think if you want anything bad enough and work hard and are dedicated you can get it. I know for a fact that plumbers do earn BIG money - the self employed ones anyway. My aunt called out a plumber (not corgi reg or nothing) for a basic toilet problem. 20 mins later it was sorted and 90quid was charged!!

And I know the CORGI reg plumbers who fit / mainatin boilers, etc earn big money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back