Question about earthing SWA

You say "usually the cover goes over the whole thing" which clearly isn't the case.

You're making a habit of being wrong aren't you.

Not really, no - as usually a lot do, or have done until the past year or so. If you've been sparking long enough, you'll know perfectly well what I mean.

And is it really a race to prove someone wrong and be right? Does it really give someone such a high sense? Really that important to be? Is it really wrong to use a box as most actually do?

Don't be so pedantic! :p

Sponsored Links
I remember the one way wylexes that used to be like that, but I can't recall any others that have this configuration apart from that contactum one you've shown, hence my earlier statements.

No not at all I think we're all just getting fed up of having to correct all the misinformation you keep churning out on here.

No not at all I think we're all just getting fed up of having to correct all the misinformation you keep churning out on here.

That's not really the case.

It's no fatal error, you're just being pedantic.

So what if someone used a box, which most do and another poster showed a photo of.

You're being really picky over a box rather than an actual problem.

Shall we take it into pedants corner if you want to discuss more? I'd rather not waste pages in someone elses thread.

What are you on about now?

I said earlier that the use of a box is fine.

You keep accusing people of being pedantic when they correct your mistakes. Why is this?

Sponsored Links
What are you on about now?

I said earlier that the use of a box is fine.

You keep accusing people of being pedantic when they correct your mistakes. Why is this?

Suggesting a box isn't a mistake.

Banging on and on about having to be totally right 'no here's one look' is silly. Why is this?

Infact, please, take it to pedants corner, this all over someone elses thread isn't right simply because you just can't let it go.

We've done the box talk, why not just let it go?

Because he's a pathetic little t**t who is so thick that he really believes that when he does that everybody will stop thinking he is wrong and start thinking that the fault lies entirely with the person correcting his mistakes.

I don't see the issue with using the style of box such as Contactum, just make sure the metal box is right up against the cover, grommet the SWA inner cable as it exits the box and cutout a slotted hole in the plastic so the inner cable can pass through, easy enough to do without losing the IP2X protection (providing it enters the sides or bottom, top will need to be IP4X).

Hi, thanks for the replies however I'm not sure I conveyed what I meant properly. taking the swa all the way to the CU isn't really best in this case as it would have to do some tight turns, under floorboards and is quite a distance. There is already a 6mm feed spare which has been run and easily accessible. I just need to know about how to earth the armour correctly.

Thanks

I just need to know about how to earth the armour correctly.
Did you not see this at the top of the forum?

t2565753.jpg

//www.diynot.com/wiki/electrics:swa-gland[/size]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back