question for RF or anyone who knows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you may know, i am not a fan of downlighters generally. Maybe because they have not been professionally designed and installed on many occasions with a view to the customers requirements.

Lamp life and ambient light are usual concerns.

I have a customer who has many downlighters(fire rated) already installed in most rooms with GU10 halogen lamps. He likes the style of the low profile lighting and has asked me to find a way of increasing the general light in the room without having to fill loads of holes and redirect the wiring above. (hard/impossible due to access). We have had the chat about PL fittings and HF fluorescents etc.

I found a website that sells 4w Gu10 Led lamps with a 120 degree angle of illumination. I have purchased and received three, for a start, the results on a test piece of raised plaster board are quite impressive as far as reduced "torch effect" are concerned. Do you have any experience of these.?

I will send a link if moderators dont see it as advertising.

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
I have recently fitted some halers 7.9W LED downlighters, and the results are really impressive. They are in my opinion still not quite as bright as 50W of halogen, maybe more like 40W, but still very impressive.

I recently did a shop fit with tracklights with GU10 fittings on the tracks. We fitted 7W 135 degree lamps in that and they had a really impressive bright even spread of light in the shop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back