Question for the old timers or clever young 'uns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a customer who is using secondary coin meters in flats and they are struggling to work out where to set the mechanisum for the amount of gas provided per pound coin.

The question is how can I get a calculation from the number of units used to cubic feet per hour. I have looked at the bill and its all coverted to metric and KW/hour.

Does that make any sense.
:confused:
Stan

Sponsored Links
I wish it was Dan, but I know a U6 uses .071 cubic feet per rev. I just cannot for the live of me work out how to convert it.

The gas bill only provides how to get Metric calculations

Stan

If you want to convert cubic metres to cubic feet for example, just enter that into your Google box and - hey presto - up comes the answer.

Sponsored Links
There is a legal maximum amount that can be charged.

I cannot quote the exact figures but its something like 20% on the unit rate plus 26p per day.

Of course the meter cannot work that out so has to be set based on the expected comsumption.

Tony

Usually it's about 38 MJ per cubic metre
that's 38 mega watts for 1 second
So that's 10.555 kW hours per cubic metre
or 3.35 Cu ft per kW hour, etc...

Thanks both Chris's

Why did I not think of just punching it in on google!
Tony I know the owner was keen not to over charge as they can be had for that.

This tinternet thing, just too damn clever.

Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back