Question regarding Worcester 35 CDI II

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the above boiler, and although it works, it has a fault. When the setting dial for the heating is set to full or 3/4, there is no problem. When it is set to 1/2 or below, the fan clicks on, the flame lights for perhaps 2 seconds, then the boiler shuts down for 5 seconds, then the cycle starts again and again and again with a lot of clicking from the relays. Not perfect, but as we are not without heating, not a huge problem. I was just wondering whether anyone knew why it would be acting like this? Pressure is between 1 and 1 1/2 bar.

Many thanks in advance.

James

Edited to add. Once whilst going through it's cycle, the boiler stopped completely, leaving just the power light on, the lcd display on, and the indicator light above the heating control flashing slowly. I reset the panel, and everything then fired up ok.

Sponsored Links
If I was examining your boiler with that problem I might well start by checking all the settings on the gas valve.

However that should only be done by a competent CORGI.

Tony

Thanks Agile, I thought you might say that. Right, off to get the plumber in then.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Interesting. Does it light with bigger flames if you turn the knob up?
I didn't think they did.

What ChrisR is saying is on initial light up no matter where your stat is set low or high the boiler lights on the same gas rate and then modulates up and down depending on demand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back