Quick check on part P compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, there no examples of my understanding being wrong, and yet the count of yours goes up with every post.

The only person still being fooled by your pretence is yourself.

Sponsored Links
Well, there no examples of my understanding being wrong, and yet the count of yours goes up with every post.

The only person still being fooled by your pretence is yourself.

I'm sorry you sat up all night Googling to come up with such clap trap. I'm sure BAS could give you some training on Googling and cutting & pasting...
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know why you think Google has anything to do with this.

As I've said, the only person still being fooled by your pretence is yourself.

I'm sure the size of bath or shower tray is irrelevant in BAS7671, but it isn't in BS7671.
Your often repeated and low-grade sarcasm is incredibly tedious.

What do you think people's reaction is when they read your "BAS7671" for the umpteenth time? Do you think that they become more impressed with your intellect, your ability to argue your case rationally, your maturity?

But my question was not about the relevance of the size of the shower tray in BS 7671, it was about the relevance of the size of the shower tray to whether adding the socket is notifiable, as well you know:
It is not relevant to whether the work is notifiable because of the presence of a shower nearly 200' away.
That depends on if the shower tray measures 200' or not.
Why?
so that's another attempt at evasion by you which has bit the dust.

I'm sure voltage drop over 200' for a socket circuit with BS1363 accessories is irrelevant in BAS7671 but it isn't in BS7671.
Voltage drop is relevant to the circuit design, but my question wasn't about circuit design, or the relevance to it of cable length, as well you know::
It is not relevant to whether the work is notifiable because of the presence of a shower nearly 200' away.
Why?
so that's another attempt at evasion by you which has bit the dust.

I'm sure the plans for your avant-garde shed would not have defined areas specified on them should they be submitted for Building Regs and Planning as you would probably submit them to yourself, consider them yourself and approved them yourself with a nice non-toxic crayon from Crayola. Then you would probably appeal against yourself, convene a court hearing with yourself in a Court of Law in your bedroom with your Jedi figures as jurors, don one of your mum's blonde wigs and make a legal ruling.
And I'm sure that everyone's opinion of you has gone up even further as a result of that.

Not.

Meanwhile...in the real world....
Do you mean the real world where it is blindingly obvious to all concerned that you are doing absolutely nothing except twist and wriggle to try and evade answering my question?

You might prefer BAS7671, I won't have anything to do with such gibberish and mumbo jumbo.
Strange, isn't it, how when you want to criticise and ridicule my statements or questions you seem to have no trouble in reading and analysing them, but as soon as you are faced with the problem of how to avoid actually answering them they become gibberish and mumbo-jumbo... :LOL:

Why are you behaving in this way, FR?

Who do you think you are fooling?

Sponsored Links

What do you think people's reaction is when they read your "BAS7671" for the umpteenth time? Do you think that they become more impressed with your intellect, your ability to argue your case rationally, your maturity?
I suspect they might see through the verbose sham that you have persisted in peddling for donkey's.

Why? so that's another attempt at evasion by you which has bit the dust.
BAS, I really can't help you if you refuse to be helped.

I'm sure voltage drop over 200' for a socket circuit with BS1363 accessories is irrelevant in BAS7671 but it isn't in BS7671.
It probably is irrelevant in BAS7671. I don't know, as I don't have and don't want a copy.

Voltage drop is relevant to the circuit design, but my question wasn't about circuit design, or the relevance to it of cable length, as well you know
Your question is gibberish. You might as well ask - 'Is it legal to hit someone?' It depends on the circumstances, doesn't it? To ignore the relevant facts is to be deluded. You want to ask a stupid loaded question and you somehow think it makes you look clever when someone refuses to be sucked into such gibberish.

I'm sure the plans for your avant-garde shed would not have defined areas specified on them should they be submitted for Building Regs and Planning as you would probably submit them to yourself, consider them yourself and approved them yourself with a nice non-toxic crayon from Crayola. Then you would probably appeal against yourself, convene a court hearing with yourself in a Court of Law in your bedroom with your Jedi figures as jurors, don one of your mum's blonde wigs and make a legal ruling.
And I'm sure that everyone's opinion of you has gone up even further as a result of that.
One can only hope :D

Meanwhile...in the real world....
Do you mean the real world where it is blindingly obvious to all concerned that you are doing absolutely nothing except twist and wriggle to try and evade answering my question?
No...I mean in the real world in which BAS7671 is gibberish. The real world which you seem incapable of being a part of.

You might prefer BAS7671, I won't have anything to do with such gibberish and mumbo jumbo.
Strange, isn't it, how when you want to criticise and ridicule my statements or questions you seem to have no trouble in reading and analysing them, but as soon as you are faced with the problem of how to avoid actually answering them they become gibberish and mumbo-jumbo...
I don't analyse them. I don't need to. They don't command such a level of pontification. It's so obviously gibberish that it's actually an instant reaction. A bit like shouting out the answer to a question such as 'what is 2 plus 2?' It's that instant.

Who do you think you are fooling?
I'm not trying to fool anyone - unlike you.

I suspect they might see through the verbose sham that you have persisted in peddling for donkey's.
Why?
is not a verbose sham.

BAS, I really can't help you if you refuse to be helped.
I'm not refusing to be helped - I'm actually asking you to provide help:
Why?

It seems to be you who is refusing to answer that question.

It probably is irrelevant in BAS7671. I don't know, as I don't have and don't want a copy.

Your question is gibberish.
The most recent question of mine which you are transparently evading consists of a single word - "Why?".

Is that word really unintelligible to you?

You might as well ask - 'Is it legal to hit someone?' It depends on the circumstances, doesn't it? To ignore the relevant facts is to be deluded. You want to ask a stupid loaded question and you somehow think it makes you look clever when someone refuses to be sucked into such gibberish.
You said "That depends on if the shower tray measures 200' or not."

I asked "Why?"

In what way is that a stupid or loaded question?

Are you going to be able to explain that, or will it be just one more sorry bit of abuse you've introduced into this topic because you want to get it locked, and thereby succeed in evading questions that you don't want to answer?

No...I mean in the real world in which BAS7671 is gibberish. The real world which you seem incapable of being a part of.
You are the one who claims that in the real world the size of the shower tray would be relevant - can you not explain why?

I don't analyse them. I don't need to. They don't command such a level of pontification. It's so obviously gibberish that it's actually an instant reaction. A bit like shouting out the answer to a question such as 'what is 2 plus 2?' It's that instant.
OK - there are 12 words in the following - which ones are gibberish, and why?
Why?

You can give up trying to pretend that neither of these questions can be answered if you wish:

If an avant-garde warehouse conversion resulted in a non-partitioned rectangular living space 50m x 30m, and in one corner there was a shower, would you claim that adding a socket in the diagonally opposite corner was notifiable because there was a shower nearly 200' away?

Does it?

Why?

but I'm never going to agree that they aren't.

That's just your latest attempt to evade the questions.

By all means keep saying it - it won't appear to anyone else as anything except a final and abject admission that you don't want to answer two simple and reasonable questions.

Phew! Does this mean its over? I don’t want to interrupt but :evil: .....

Just so’s I understand the point that is being made. Are you talking about one big room with four outer walls containing bathing, sleeping, living, dining and kitchen areas all in one big open plan living space.

Or have I missed the point and need to read through the whole lot again? :eek:

V

That's just your latest attempt to evade the questions.

By all means keep saying it - it won't appear to anyone else as anything except a final and abject admission that you don't want to answer two simple and reasonable questions.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just so’s I understand the point that is being made. Are you talking about one big room with four outer walls containing bathing, sleeping, living, dining and kitchen areas all in one big open plan living space.
Yep - one big open plan space - 50m x 30m (no particular significance to those numbers, just picked at random).

So in old money it's a tad over 191' diagonally from one corner to the other.

In one corner there is a shower.

Is adding a socket in the diagonally opposite corner of the room notifiable because of the presence of the shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back