Quick one before i go out to the shops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing as a retractable usb line, need approx 5 mtrs or less with a male and female end to use as an extension from the broadband box to the laptop.
Currently i have to roll the cable up and throw it behind the tv and the other half complains so before i venture out into the shops i thought i would ask from my armchair.

Sponsored Links
I haven't seen them over 4ft long which are primerally for handyness when transporting a laptop, don't know about cascading them. Does your laptop have wifi?

[url=http://www.homestead.co.uk/productslist.aspx?CategoryID=51229&onspecialoffer=False]Homestead link [/url] said:
...One of the very few restrictions or limitations to what you can connect to your computer using a USB port is the USB cable length. Overcome this by using our active, repeater-style USB cable extension. This device extends your USB cables by five metres. Furthermore, these USB cable extensions can be connected together in series to give a maximum length of 25m...
:)

Laptop does have wifi but i can not use this once the baby's monitor goes on as it causes major interference.
As i use t'internet a lot in evenings i have gone back to using cable connection,
So my knowledge is rusty on whats out there,
Think i'll have a wander down to Comet / Maplins tomorrow morning asnd have a browse as i may get away with a retractable adsl connection instead but predominately its a usb one i need as i want the router to stay on one side of the room near the wall socket.
Thanks for the interest

Sponsored Links
How about using a standard network cable to connect your laptop to the broadband box? Or doesn't it have enough ports?

Back