Quote advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi new to the forum. Hopefully this question is on the right place. Sorry if not.

Basically I was after a rough guide to what I should be paying to have the following work done by a builder:

1 - Put in a lintel, knock out the wall below and install some double French doors.

2 - Brick up 3 windows. Reinstall one of the windows in a different place again fitting a new lintel.

Many thanks for any help.

Darren

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Lol Tony. You are at least a 12 hour round trip away mate! But thanks for your replies, appreciate it.

Basically just wanting to know what kind of money is reasonable. If I just asked for the Frenxh Doors to be done what is a fair price?

Cheers

Darren

i'm no expert but my advice to you would be to get multiple quotes from local tradespeople. if they all come out similar then it's probably a fair bet that it's a fair price. if they differ wildly, then you have to make a call based on their previous work and how you get on with them.

i don't think anyone on here could really quote you for a job they can't see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back