R7s 78mm LED lamp suitable for a ceiling fan?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So - what I'd really like is one of these:

http://www.martecaustralia.com.au/products/lighting/led-globes/boss-series/boss-inca-3000k.html

However, they seem to be made solely for an Australian firm, and I can't find a retailer in the UK (nor one, yet, that's willing to ship to the UK...and that'd probably be pricey anyway).

Oddly, they seem to be a bit of a one off - but maybe it's a very niche market?

Anyway, basically I'd like to replace the 100W R7s 78mm halogen lamp in our ceiling fan with a dimmable LED equivalent.

Most of the 78mm "cob" type lights I've seen look like they wouldn't fit - they have a bit of a "back-end", and the current bulb fitting is quite close to a reflector behind it.

Megaman do something that's flatter, that looks like it might fit:

http://www.megamanuk.com/products/led-lamps/professional-series/decorative/r7s/142754/

...but the lumen output is quite low, it's not dimmable anyway and I'm guessing the spread of light you'd get from that wouldn't be what I needed from a lounge light fitting.

Anyone know of something else that might be suitable?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
IMGP6859.jpg IMGP6860.jpg IMGP6604_1.JPG Showing lamp fitted and how it lights up my drive so good idea of the spread it is a 5W R7s it will not dim 85 ~ 250 volt 400 lumen. It does what I want. It was also cheap. But ordered in Dec arrived in Feb so took a long time to arrive.
This is the one I bought I felt at £2.65 it was worth the chance I was expecting to have to modify the holder, however it went straight in. In real terms the original reflector now does nothing the angle of the three strips compensates for no reflector. There must be less light than with a 120W bulb but still enough for what I want.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back