RAAC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What the heck is wrong with the government.
The RAAC was used from 1950's to the 1990's and it had a designed life of 30 years.

Now the government has suddenly remembered what it was they threw on the back burner, for several years on the trot.

A year ago, the schools were closed due to Covid. It would have been an ideal time to get it sorted.
But no, they wait until the day before schools are due back after the summer holidays, and suddenly the RAAC is remembered.

What's going to be the next clusterfuck?

Sponsored Links
Now the government has suddenly remembered what it was they threw on the back burner, for several years on the trot.
I think the French sneaked it in. Or maybe the Albanians...

Surely nothing to do with the Government.

Scoundrels.

A Brexit benefit as well, I bet.

Hospitals affected as well as other public buildings.

Sponsored Links
But seriously, it has been been a well known issue within the industry. Why we now have to close schools on the eve of opening because no one in charge has done anything about it? Pass...

But seriously, it has been been a well known issue within the industry. Why we now have to close schools on the eve of opening because no one in charge has done anything about it? Pass...
Back burner? Whistle blower?
Can't blame it on asylum seekers? Nor the French? It wasn't in the Mail?
Thought they wouldn't still be in power?

It is all very bad timing. Repeated governments where informed of this for the last how many years.

Two primary schools have closed short notice in my town.
Also my daughters secondary school has closed its building due structural problems of a different nature.

I've said many a time Roy our building industry is in a shocking state. Its full from the greedy men at the top and to the bottom with unskilled or low skilled workers.
It alwsys has been and is even more so today.

Mix the unskilled with cheap materials and low regulations = Cowboys

Cowboys have been with us since day dot.

This was never going to be cured by chucking Eastern Europe at the problem. But that's politics and politicians don't know one end of a hammer from the other end.

It is all very bad timing. Repeated governments where informed of this for the last how many years.

Also my daughters secondary school has closed its building due structural problems of a different nature.

I've said many a time Roy our building industry is in a shocking state. Its full from the greedy men at the top and to the bottom with unskilled or low skilled workers.

This was never going to be cured by chucking Eastern Europe at the problem. But that's politics and politicians don't know one end of a hammer from the other end.
You're stretching the imagination by blaming unskilled labour for the debacle of RAAC in government building programmes.
How is it remotely possible that a) unskilled labour decided to use RAAC, b) how is it remotely possible that the design lifespan of RAAC being ingnored can be blamed on unskilled labour, and c) how is it remotely possible that the known replacement programme of public buildings was the responsibility of unskilled labour?

You've just blamed unskilled labour because you equate it with immigrants, which is another of your frequent mistakes.

This issue may have lots to do with the greedy men at the top.

But I don't see how it's a worker issue, regardless of where they are from.

As an aside, if all Eastern Europeans are unskilled, are their buildings in similar conditions ? Are all their buildings of poor quality ? Or are you just conflating low standards of our own being allowed by poor regulation and control ? You know, a greedy "top man" issue

You're stretching the imagination by blaming unskilled labour for the debacle of RAAC in government building programmes.
How is it remotely possible that a) unskilled labour decided to use RAAC, b) how is it remotely possible that the design lifespan of RAAC being ingnored can be blamed on unskilled labour, and c) how is it remotely possible that the known replacement programme of public buildings was the responsibility of unskilled labour?

You've just blamed unskilled labour because you equate it with immigrants, which is another of your frequent mistakes.

This issue may have lots to do with the greedy men at the top.

But I don't see how it's a worker issue, regardless of where they are from.

As an aside, if all Eastern Europeans are unskilled, are their buildings in similar conditions ? Are all their buildings of poor quality ? Or are you just conflating low standards of our own being allowed by poor regulation and control ? You know, a greedy "top man" issue

I have so much fun with you two.

When I say Cure it means there was an existing problem. (Are you following)

Problem with greedy men , cheap materials and cheap unskilled labour date back far beyond the 1950s.

The skills shortage will never be cured by numbers (body's on job)
Unless those numbers (body's on job) are skilled workers. Its irrelevant where these skilled workers come from.

Skilled is the key word.
(Did you follow)

I have so much fun with you two.

When I say Cure it means there was an existing problem. (Are you following)

Problem with greedy men , cheap materials and cheap unskilled labour date back far beyond the 1950s.

The skills shortage will never be cured by numbers (body's on job)
Unless those numbers (body's on job) are skilled workers. Its irrelevant where these skilled workers come from.

Skilled is the key word.
(Did you follow)
And do you consider all native UK workers skilled and all others unskilled?

So, so, predictable.

And do you consider all native UK workers skilled and all others unskilled?

So, so, predictable.

No I've stated thst we have had Cowboys and that the problem has existed past the 1950s.

The building industry has always had unskilled workers posing as skilled workers.

I see the results most days. And mainly English workers. I'll add that I have met some very skilled and talented foreign workers in my I industry.

It's not a numbers game just a skills shortage

No I've stated thst we have had Cowboys and that the problem has existed past the 1950s.

The building industry has always had unskilled workers posing as skilled workers.

I see the results most days. And mainly English workers. I'll add that I have met some very skilled and talented foreign workers in my I industry.

It's not a numbers game just a skills shortage
And where is the best (short to mid term) to get skilled workers from if we are not training enough of our own natives? Long term too if we don't actually address the issue and train workers.

The reason they are not trained is the cost (greedy top men don't want that expense). So it really isn't an unskilled worker fault.

Sponsored Links
Back