RAAC

And where is the best (short to mid term) to get skilled workers from if we are not training enough of our own natives? Long term too if we don't actually address the issue and train workers.

The reason they are not trained is the cost (greedy top men don't want that expense). So it really isn't an unskilled worker fault.
Hypothetical

Someone come round your house and fitted a 10 grand kitchen that you bought.

He and his team do a shocking Hatch job with a finish your not happy with.

Who will your gripe be with? Will you still pay them for labour & materials?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with your claim about raac whatsoever

As stated in my original post.

My girls School looks as if it needs to be pulled down because of poor materials and build quality It's not RAAC but it's not totally off subject.

Two schools however have closed locally due to RAAC.

I have so much fun with you two.

When I say Cure it means there was an existing problem. (Are you following)

Problem with greedy men , cheap materials and cheap unskilled labour date back far beyond the 1950s.

The skills shortage will never be cured by numbers (body's on job)
Unless those numbers (body's on job) are skilled workers. Its irrelevant where these skilled workers come from.

Skilled is the key word.
(Did you follow)
You're completely off target with your comments, Bod.
The current problem is with a) the use of RAAC in government buildings, b) the lack of any replacement programme for the use of a material that has a design life of about 30 years, and c) the complete and utter chaos caused by the current government ignoring problems in the hope that they'll go away.

Now what has that to do, remotely or directly, with the use of unskilled labour, wherever they come from.
It's like blaming he demise of the canals as an important transport mode on the Irish navvies. It's totally bonkers.
But you're having fun? It seems to me you're more likely having hallucinations.

Sponsored Links
No I've stated thst we have had Cowboys and that the problem has existed past the 1950s.

The building industry has always had unskilled workers posing as skilled workers.

I see the results most days. And mainly English workers. I'll add that I have met some very skilled and talented foreign workers in my I industry.

It's not a numbers game just a skills shortage
What does this have to do remotely with the current clusterfuck of RAAC in government buildings?

As stated in my original post.

My girls School looks as if it needs to be pulled down because of poor materials and build quality It's not RAAC but it's not totally off subject.

And that's an unskilled worker fault or a design and management fault ?

You're blaming the wrong people for the wrong reasons

So completely irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with unskilled labour.

You're completely off target with your comments, Bod.
The current problem is with a) the use of RAAC in government buildings, b) the lack of any replacement programme for the use of a material that has a design life of about 30 years, and c) the complete and utter chaos caused by the current government ignoring problems in the hope that they'll go away.

Now what has that to do, remotely or directly, with the use of unskilled labour, wherever they come from.
It's like blaming he demise of the canals as an important transport mode on the Irish navvies. It's totally bonkers.
But you're having fun? It seems to me you're more likely having hallucinations.
These
And that's an unskilled worker fault or a design and management fault ?

You're blaming the wrong people for the wrong reasons
I'm blaming management for cutting corners full stop.

So completely irrelevan to the topic of the thread.

And this has absolutely nothing to do with unskilled labour.

I'm saying the building industry is in a shocking state it always has been. Its always been down to cost cutting. The problem hasn't gone away poor build quality and materials is worst now than its ever been.

These

I'm blaming management for cutting corners full stop.
And who is charge of Building Management for UK's publc buildings?
Who is in charge of refurbishment of England's schools?
Who knew about this problem and for how long?
Who has been in charge for the last 13 years and ignored the problem, putting children in danger?

I'm saying the building industry is in a shocking state it always has been. Its always been down to cost cutting. The problem hasn't gone away poor build quality and materials is worst now than its ever been.
Which is different from what you originally tried to claim

And the current government were not aware of the problems built up over years?
And only made it public the day before the kids went back to school?

A school had a partial collapse about 3 years ago, yet the government did little for three years.

So you agree it's not the fault of unskilled workers.

We agree.

If that unskilled worker claims to be an electrician, then yes he must share a part of the blame.

If that unskilled worker is a labourer then he bears no blame.

If that unskilled worker claims to be an electrician, then yes he must share a part of the blame.

If that unskilled worker is a labourer then he bears no blame.
What do electricians (good or bad) have to do with raac building problems.

Sponsored Links
Back