Radiator installation + gas fire price match !!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pricing up a job today and was asked to work everything out size of rads and gas supply pipe , submit to customer for them to go and obtain a price and if i would match it and or beat it by 10%

LOL :LOL:

What planet are some people on

I could see payment problems later down the line so i said no , c ya and walked .

Sponsored Links
got to love them

mind you we really should be doing it for free, who the hell do we think we are CHARGING for our work

what a bunch of bar stewards we are

;)

I`d have quoted it as 300 singles to all rooms and 8mm supply over a 22 metre run. And waited for the phone to ring. :LOL:

mind you no matter what you quoted I bet you 1/10 that agiles company could have done it a little bit cheaper ;)

Sponsored Links
You should have left them a quote for your time to quote the job.

I would have told them that the design/consultancy charge would be £500 +VAT payable upfront. :D

I agree with giblets although I charge £150 + VAT.

As soon as someone wants me to match a price though I say no thanks and walk away.

You can't price match when you sell on quality :eek:

I charge £100 to come and specify a system.

They can then hawk it around and make up their choice of the installer.

Whatever they do I dont feel hard done by. I deduct the £100 from our quote.

Over the telephone I quote £300 per rad and boiler plus £840 for a virgin system close to the meter.

Tony

gas4you said:
I agree with giblets although I charge £150 + VAT.

Sorry lads, I was harking back to my old industrial/commercial consultancy design days. ;)

£100 to £150 would be about right (unless the customer wanted detailed drawings then..................)

I charge £50 to quote and refund if the job goes ahead, gets rid of the time wasters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back