Radiator valve broken.

This has what has snapped off. It snapped off in the OFF position so it is impossible to turn.

a4BOH6J.jpg

Sponsored Links
Turn the square stem with something it might be tight remember loosey lefty righty tighty :D

In which case have a mop and bucket handy if it pops out....
Why not hold the bottom nut with a spanner, and then try to undo the spindle a couple of turns with another spanner or pliers?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Put that bit back in! You turn the other bit!, ur photos are very blurry for me to see anything clearly

Get a small pair grips nipp the best you can onto the spindle that is half snapped of and try to turn anti clockwise only thing you can try other than changing valve

Update ~~~

I bled the radiator and the water was perfectly clear. Not a drop of brown or black mucky water insight! I turned on the heating and the pipe to the left was heating up, then cooling down.

This is a 2 minute jobbie. Put the gland nut back in and tighten it by hand, use some grips on the spindle and turn it anticlockwise, when its open tighten the gland nut with a spanner (not too tight but enough so no water comes out). If the spindle is all the way out already and the washers stuck in the seating you need a new valve, then brush the dog/cat and get the hoover out (just kidding) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back