Radiator valve disfigured - How can I..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

Is there a way for me to turn off the valve off due to the nut (as arrow shown on pic) disfigured? I've tried with spanner, it seem that the metal is soft and it disfigure it rather then turning the whole nut.
20161107_065740 (1).jpg

Sponsored Links
The metal is brass, and therefore pretty soft.....have you got a pair of Mole grips handy?
(Pliers could also do, but squeeze very hard before you turn.)
John :)

I bought a really useful set of "super wrenches" many years ago. It was at one of those stands you see at places like the home building and renovation show, or various car shows etc. At the time they weren't that expensive and the demonstration looked good. I was fully prepared for them to be a bit naff when I wanted a real world use, like most things you would probably see on QVC or the like.

However, they have turned out to be one of the most useful bits of kit ever. From rounded off rusty nuts, to sheared screws etc, they have helped out in lots of sticky situations. Available in several sizes or when I got them a full set, so you can always find one to suit (they overlap their sizes too).

super-wrench-4-piece-set.jpg

Ive tried looking to see where they are available from now, but not having much luck outside ebay. You are looking for "super wrench" or "aston super wrench".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back