Random question.... britains biggest band?

Sponsored Links
The Black D y k e Brass Band!! ( Damn spell checker!)

They celebrated their 150th anniversary in 2005, and with over 120 recordings and also winning the National Championships of Great Britain 19 times, European Championships 10 times, and British Open Championships 28 times. They have also worked with the Beatles, Tori Amos, Peter Gabrial, The Beautiful South and are the band behind the music of "Ground Force"; without a doubt, the most famous brass band in the world!!

Sponsored Links
As was said, tis entirely subjective.

I missed out on Pink Floyd, stones, beatles, Led Zep etc..

I'd say that for me (last 15yrs or so of musical awareness) there havn't really been any 'landmark' bands. As much as it pains me to say it, for this time window, the biggest british band is unfortunately the spice girls

Every big musical milestone has been reached (Elvis, Beatles, Led Zep and other stadium-rock groups.) Spice girls were the landmark 'girl band' in a scene of boy bands/male rock bands. Guess the Darkness came close by going against the grain but they were more an homage to earlier bands such as Queen.

Although I do suppose that Oasis sort of started off the whole 'Brit-pop' scene...

Not sure what the next milestone will have to be.... Martian rock?

ooh, eckky. This is more complex than I thought... :confused: :LOL:

Please dont say you suggest the spice girls???????????? :eek:

Hey I was too young for Led Zep too (34) but after listening to my mates dad play an album many years ago I was hooked!

technically 5 girls who cant play any instruments isnt a band so the spice girls shouldnt even be considered

had a quiz question similar to this in the pub quiz last week

it was something along the lines of who is/was the most successful heavy rock band from britain and the answer was

DEF LEPPARD

i think your quiz setter down the pub is dislexsic !!! saw Led Zeppelin and wrote Def leppard...

Zep are in the top three bands/acts in the world for all time album sales - Elvis is one... anyone know the other act/band?

i think your quiz setter down the pub is dislexsic !!! saw Led Zeppelin and wrote Def leppard...

Zep are in the top three bands/acts in the world for all time album sales - Elvis is one... anyone know the other act/band?
I think it WAS Michael Jackson followed by Frank Sinatra.

I think Def Leppard could easily beat Zep if you were talking about the singles charts. Def Lep had MTV on their side, which was very influential back in the Eighties when DL were cool.

*disclaimer* I never liked 'em though. ;)

zep were never a chart band... and would def leppard get a million applicants for a one off gig? i doubt it...

... and i did like def leppard.... when i was too young to know any better ;)

Sponsored Links
Back