Random question.... britains biggest band?

zep were never a chart band... and would def leppard get a million applicants for a one off gig? i doubt it...

... and i did like def leppard.... when i was too young to know any better ;)

Would Zep have had a million applicants if they'd followed DL's career path and never split up?

I'm not saying Leppard are better than Zep btw ;)

Although Black Sabbath are better than both of 'em :cool:

Both Robert Plant and Joe Elliot are guilty of singing and acting like big girls.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Blur- The most popular brand in Britain's.

i know that Zep wouldn't have toured with Styx and REA Speedwagon !!!!!

"Def Leppard, Styx and REO Speedwagon are teaming up for an American tour. This will happen in March/April."

Anyway this debate is dead in the water... to somebody who likes Showaddywaddy, then they'll think SWW are better than Zep... and if you take your argument (Deluks) to the extreme (if Zep followed DL's career path)... then you need to ask - if zep had Joe Elliot as their lead singer etc etc. I believe most reasoned music critics would rate Zep as the best band in the world. Nuff said.

Travelling Wilburys?

First supergroup....Big in terms of member's achievements.

Sponsored Links
Travelling Wilburys?

First supergroup....Big in terms of member's achievements.

Well if we're gonna go that route then I think Band Aid, were Britains biggest band. Come on, they even had Paul Young!

it's subjective therefore you cannot state what was the best band, but the titles is "biggest" biggest has only one meaning then in this context, most members.

one meaning?! :LOL:
dictionary.com has these:

1.large, as in size, height, width, or amount: a big house; a big quantity.
2.of major concern, importance, gravity, or the like: a big problem.
3.outstanding for a specified quality: a big liar; a big success.
4.important, as in influence, standing, or wealth: a big man in his field.
5.grown-up; mature: big enough to know better.
6.elder: my big sister.
7.doing business or conducted on a large scale; major in size or importance: big government.
8.consisting of the largest or most influential companies in an industry: Big steel wants to lower prices, but the smaller mills don't.
9.Informal. known or used widely; popular: Nouvelle cuisine became big in the 1970s.
10.magnanimous; generous; kindly: big enough to forgive.
11.boastful; pompous; pretentious; haughty: a big talker.
12.loud; orotund: a big voice.
13.(of clothing or a clothing design) made of or distinguished by voluminous fabric that is loosely or softly shaped and fitted: a big shirt; the big look.
14.(of a wine) having more than average flavor, body, and alcoholic content.
15.filled; brimming: eyes big with tears.
16.Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S. PREGNANT.
17.Obsolete. very strong; powerful. –adverb
18.Informal. boastfully; pretentiously: to act big; to talk big.
19.Informal. with great success; successfully: to go over big. –noun
20.the bigs, Sports Slang. the highest level of professional competition, as the major leagues in baseball. —Idioms
21.be big on, to have a special liking or enthusiasm for: Mother is big on family get-togethers.
22.big with child. GREAT (def. 23).

In the OP, i actually meant "the band that most look and sound like Led Zep"

ha ha, i was kind of keeping the question a secret, see if you could work out the answer!!

but seriously, it was a broad usage of the word 'biggest' to mean best, most successful, most influential etc.

Sponsored Links
Back