Rated Tradesmen

Yes we are only covering a small area. One thing i plan on doing which is different from the other sites is to go out and take basic details myself for the jobs where people don't have the internet. This should be helpful to the elderly who wouldn't have a clue how to turn a pc on let alone find a website. It just surprises me how many people i've met that say tradesmen don't turn up on time or don't even turn up to quote. You'd think at the moment they would be grateful of any job large or small.

One thing that has gone against me when setting this up is all the bad things tradesmen have to say about these type of online sites. I'm sure its fully justified but i am genuinly trying to set up a service which will be beneficial to both tradesmen and customers, its very difficult to get this accross to both parties.

Sponsored Links
Do you know how often we win a job just because we reply quickly to any enquiry? ;)

Have a look here - our village site (I manage) where all local businesses work together and promote each other. A local website like that gets the local people more and better acquainted with all the businesses at their own door-step.

And great idea to visit personally to circumvent the "modern" pc obstacles for them.

We do have a local website but being a bigger town (although still quite small) there is alot of competition between tradesmen so not quite the same as being based in a small village. My site is due to be featured in the news area of our local site which will hopefully give it some much needed publicity.

My actual site is very basic as i've done it myself to keep costs down. If anyone wants to have a look i'll post a link. I would appreciate suggestions as how to put it to the local public and tradesmen as a legitamate business. Plus anything i could do to make it work better for both public and tradesmen please let me know.

What i am going for is a personal service rather than just people seeing a web page but obviously if people just want the ease of posting a job on the website then they have the option of doing so.

Hi Kev i'm not sure how to message you on this site so could you contact me *********. Could you also post a link to your site please.

Sponsored Links
like many of us i've tried various sites including Ufindus and upmystreet
NONE have ever brought in more than a few jobs if any at all.
currently use Yellow pages/yell.com and touchlocal still not a lot comes from them.
will not be renewing touchlocal adverts as nothing much has come from them.
Yellow Pages i have renewed but its make or break this year if the work doesn't materialise then it will probably bankrupt me, the upshot of that is yell will get absolutely jack!! :LOL: so it is up to them to promote me with the money the squeeze each month.

Top 4 of what brings in our clients:
1) website including email marketing
2) monthly "Village Directory" (A5 filled with ads and editorials) delivered in and around the town we're near
3) worth of mouth
4) everything else: i.e not much really and definitely nothing from YP (book or online) BT (book or online) any other online directory.

Already sacked YP (2 years ago), about the sack the new BT exchange we are trying for 1 year only.

Hi Kev i'm not sure how to message you on this site so could you contact me martin@*******. Could you also post a link to your site please.

Ok the link to my site is www.******.com

As i've said, the site i did myself so its very basic. If it takes off then i'll have it done professionally. Also any suggestions or criticism would be appreciated as i want to make this work as well as possible for both customer and our tradesmen.

Cheers

One remark for starters: the text colour on the left hand side. Black is too dark in regards of the dark green background/ Make it cream or lighter green instead so it is more visual.

got to agree.
it will be difficult for people with vision problems to see the text.
other than that site looks ok

Sponsored Links
Back