rcbo,s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just want 2 no is a 32amp rcbo c type ok in a domestic house? on a kitchen ringmain

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thats ok then, max Zs (corrected to 80%) for C32 is .57 ohms [0.71 uncorrected]

Generally would try and use type B unless there is a reason to use type C though

Some will tell you you are allowed a far higher Zs and rely on rcd part of rcbo... well you can, but is also dog rough! :)

Can't you get a B-type RCBO?

Is it by any chance a Wylex RCBO?

For some reason they make their C-type more available, but B-types DO exist.

i can but if its safe and will pass a periodic i will leave it :D its a crabtree rcbo

You should leave it anyway - if you don't even understand really, really simple things like the difference between series and parallel, or AC and DC then you shouldn't so much as look at a screwdriver, let alone lay hands on one.

Spend your time acquiring foundation skills rather than worrying about tripping characteristics, disconnection times and fault loop values - walk before you run sort of thing.

Perhaps Ban should be born again as

flame-all-newbies

And then he would be Fan instead of Ban...

I'm not flaming him - I really do think he'd do much better if he re-prioritised his learning efforts.

Seriously - spending time on things like whether a C-curve breaker is appropriate is not the most effective use of it, there are more pressing things that should be occupying him.

I fully concur with ban-all-sheds on this.

The guy's spelling and grammar is embarrassing too, but I assume he's not attempting to make a living as an author.

Indeed not, but not everyone is good at spelling etc.

But I don't think anyone is so bad that they think "to" is spelled "2", or don't remember about capital letters, or is so ignorant that they have never encountered spelling checkers.

As for "just want 2 no" - is "no" a spelling mistake, or can't he tell the difference between creating SMS messages and posting on an Internet forum?

And you can tell from some of his other posts that he cannot possibly have properly proof-read them before hitting Submit.

The overall impression is one of laziness and carelessness, and of someone who isn't bothered whether he does his best to do a good job or not. These are not characteristics well suited to being an electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back