RCD Tripping -any suggestions

I was going to do something similar and explain how SMPS's actually consume more power on lower voltages

I'm glad you didn't because SMPS are constant power devices over their design input range.

Sponsored Links
Yes you have. I showed you one in post #34 above. More LIES from you.

I NEVER LIE. PLEASE APOLOGISE.

I have never seen a shaver socket marked as intermittent use only.

I have seen your data sheet in post 34 but I have not seen the shaver socket in question. That data sheet is rubbish anyway as I explained in post 38.

Sponsored Links

You have lied in this thread.

You also lied in this thread:
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-controller-wiring-for-firebird-50-90.561645/page-2

You lied here:
It appears to have been removed and now put back with a different title. The original answers from 333rocky333 and two others have not reappeared. Looks like censorship and then suddenly realising it was a mistake so tried to restore it.

That is categorically not true. I have records to prove that the post in question has never been removed or hidden from view in any form. The title has never been changed. There have been no other posts made to that thread other than the ones which you can see. Don’t you dare lie or accuse us of doing something which we haven’t. You are already on very thin ice, and this behaviour does nothing to help your case.

And here:
1.0mm cable can only be used for lights

NO I DID NOT SAY THAT. YOU ARE LYING.
Yes you did in post 3
Hm, so I did

And here:
Sadly your advice is misleading. Anyone fitting a 500 mA fuse (next size above 0.43 amp) for a 100 watt bulb would be confused when the switch on surge blew it every time.

Do you want me to go on?

:whistle::ROFLMAO::whistle::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::whistle::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Apologies only required if person making the statement is wrong.

So in this post is yet another of winstons lies and I doubt winton is anywhere man enough to:
1) Understand he is a LIAR
2) APOLOGISE for LYING yet again

Go and find someone else to bully.
Oh no no no no that's not bullying, that is a simple thing called being truthful.

Of course someone like winston is unable to comprehend that.

How can you tell if a politician it lying?

:whistle::ROFLMAO::whistle::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::eek::eek::D:D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::whistle::whistle::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Apologies only required if person making the statement is wrong.

So in this post is yet another of winstons lies and I doubt winton is anywhere man enough to:
1) Understand he is a LIAR
2) APOLOGISE for LYING yet again
YOU are lying. Please be man enough to apologise.

I'm glad you didn't because SMPS are constant power devices over their design input range.
Oh I missed this post earlier.
Yet another example of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it. I suspect you have no experience of working with these things and probably not the ability to do your own tests.

A simple explanation of my first experience and why I check:

Working on a site where 110V temporaries were available I powered about 600W of LED flood lamps with the intention of them mostly running dusk to dawn, all of my kit was cabled and wired for 230V ie 13A & blue 16A plug/sockets and as some of it was on 0.75mm² flex I inserted an in-line 5A MCB. Predicted current approx 600/110=5.5A I was surprised when it tripped and replaced it with a 6A in-line MCB which also tripped. I checked voltage at source which was over 120V and current with a clamp at something approaching 9A so around the 1000VA. I left it running on the transformers 16A MCB while assuming the problem was volt drop with the intention of using heavier cables. In the meantime checking the furthest point voltage I found just under the 110V. So the fittings were working well within spec
Not liking the lack of OCD I transfered the whole system to 230V with the 5A MCB and measured the current at a decent bit under 3A or under 700VA.
After the event I bench tested the fittings and found they drew significantly higher power [with the resulting higher operating temperature] when the voltage dropped below 200-150V and subsequent testing of other SMPS's have demonstrated a relatively similar pattern but most not to the same extent as my cheap LED floods.

So yet again according to my experience and testing I find you are WRONG.

I've suggested before; investigate before posting unfounded statements.

Last edited:
Oh I missed this post earlier.
Yet another example of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it. I suspect you have no experience of working with these things and probably not the ability to do your own tests.

A simple explanation of my first experience and why I check:

Working on a site where 110V temporaries were available I powered about 600W of LED flood lamps with the intention of them mostly running dusk to dawn, all of my kit was cabled and wired for 230V ie 13A & blue 16A plug/sockets and as some of it was on 0.75mm² flex I inserted an in-line 5A MCB. Predicted current approx 600/110=5.5A I was surprised when it tripped and replaced it with a 6A in-line MCB which also tripped. I checked voltage at source which was over 120V and current with a clamp at something approaching 9A so around the 1000VA. I left it running on the transformers 16A MCB while assuming the problem was volt drop with the intention of using heavier cables. In the meantime checking the furthest point voltage I found just under the 110V. So the fittings were working well within spec
Not liking the lack of OCD I transfered the whole system to 230V with the 5A MCB and measured the current at a decent bit under 3A or under 700VA.
After the event I bench tested the fittings and found they drew significantly higher power [with the resulting higher operating temperature] when the voltage dropped below 200-150V and subsequent testing of other SMPS's have demonstrated a relatively similar pattern but most not to the same extent as my cheap LED floods.

So yet again according to my experience and testing I find you are WRONG.

I've suggested before; investigate before posting unfounded statements.
You seem to be talking about VA not watts. They are not the same thing.

You seem to be talking about VA not watts. They are not the same thing.
Give the boy a cigar, why else do you think I wrote it.
The results are the same though, at lower voltage many of these things consume more power and getting back to the reason for this tangent; SMPS's tend to be more stressed at lower voltage, not least of which due to the increased heat.

Last edited:
Go and find someone else to bully.

All I have done it quote things you have said.

There’s a very simple way to stop me doing this, and that is to stop posting lies and stop posting wrong information. If you don’t post it I can’t quote it.

Until you do this I will keep calling you out and keep warning users of this site to ignore what you post as even you agree this is the right thing to do.

Would you advise people to ignore guidance which is wrong?
What a silly question!

The answer is "Of course".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back