Re-Designation of Cooker Circuit.

Sponsored Links
Just tackled electrician,she says because 2.5 T&E is passing thru wall(less than half a metre)i need 4mm cable because of
voltage drop.Also need 32A MCB replacing with 20A MCB in CU.
He is soooooo wrong. Don't pay him.

Just had electricians husband round demanding i pay him for what i owe his wife and
had to call police.Have now got new electrician to do retest and reconnect shed.
Thanks for everyones help.

Sponsored Links
Just had electricians husband round demanding i pay him for what i owe his wife and
had to call police.Have now got new electrician to do retest and reconnect shed.
Thanks for everyones help.
And send her the bill stating you'll take legal action if unpaid within say 14 or 28 days.

Don't expect the money to arrive but it will keep them wondering...

Try and send photographs and any paperwork you may have, that way we can really see how you stand on all this.

Not sure if your garage socket is RCD protected, maybe this was part of her concerns, but she sounds a right berk.

Electrician is over zealous and does not know her regs.

You don't start disconnecting stuff willy-nilly when carrying out an EICR.

You need to justify any issues by quoting the relevant reg numbers.

I would write a letter to the spark explaining how you feel.

She disconnected your wiring.

You feel she has not justified the reasons for this or the comments made on the form by backing them up with regulations that have been breached.

Tell her you will submit a complaint to the scheme provider if you are not satisfied with her response. Give her 14 days to respond and send the letter recorded.

Have no paperwork,said would print forms off next week.
All circuits in house are RCD protected.

Have no paperwork,said would print forms off next week.
All circuits in house are RCD protected.
Then it's really hard to find anything remotely wrong with this bit of wiring. She didn't comment that your connections may have been bad or anything - so why it was necessary to disconnect it is a mystery really.

Would be interested to know what she thought of the rest of the wiring.

You can't be expected to cough up for her work when she is withholding the paperwork.

You can't be expected to cough up for her work when she is withholding the paperwork.
Equally I personally would would be saying she has not worked in a professional manner and has demonstrated her incompetency with at least one huge mistake for which you have now incurred costs to rectify by another professional which I assume you have some paperwork for.

At the very least she should be expected to cover your remedial costs.

Personally I'd consider the accuracy of the remainder of the EICR to be of dubious quality.

New electrician passed wiring with no problems(£125 cheaper than other so called electrician).
He said he new former electrician who is now a hairdresser,he also said he thought she was
wired up wrong lol.

Sorry, mate. WTF is this about? There are about 66,000 topics on here.
please, if it is an existing topic, can you provide a link, or post it on that thread.

Sorry, mate. WTF is this about? There are about 66,000 topics on here. please, if it is an existing topic, can you provide a link, or post it on that thread.
I'm confused. The recent message is presumably "about" the same issue/topic that KEEP SAFE had been talking about throughout both pages of this thread (which he/she started), isn't it?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back