re route gas pipe

If it's a leasehold property the freeholder will have to be involved. Other than that I know notheeng.
never considered that its local council leasehold, normally they are ok long as its done right which is where the expert will come in lol

cheers

Sponsored Links
Local Council may well prefer outside pipe - A friend in an ex LA flat has had their gas, and that to all the other flats(still tenanted) Run around the walls outside of the block, leaving a short pipe inside to each meter.

alternative option may be to have it run up the wall from meter above the porch ceiling which has a void, through brick work straight along ceiling into kitchen then drop down and run along back of units.

this would mean putting a false ceiling 3" lower then existing ceiling to hide the pipe, would this be allowable as the pipe will effectively be in a studded area (read somewhere not allowed in studded walls)

cheers

Local Council may well prefer outside pipe - A friend in an ex LA flat has had their gas, and that to all the other flats(still tenanted) Run around the walls outside of the block, leaving a short pipe inside to each meter.

hmmmm would this been so less hassle to tenants?? i really dont fancy the 100ft run outside plus the door issues

Sponsored Links
alternative option may be to have it run up the wall from meter above the porch ceiling which has a void, through brick work straight along ceiling into kitchen then drop down and run along back of units.

this would mean putting a false ceiling 3" lower then existing ceiling to hide the pipe, would this be allowable as the pipe will effectively be in a studded area (read somewhere not allowed in studded walls)
its all relative get professional help ,you might as well supply the drawings of your home then we might be able to walk you through it:LOL:

This is going past digging a channel in my opinion.

Gas work needs qualified engineers who know where to best run pipes in accordance with current regulations. Just get a pro in. It's obvious (and no disrespect) your not sure what your doing.

its all relative get professional help ,you might as well supply the drawings of your home then we might be able to walk you through it:LOL:

to be honest i think easiest option is to call a man sooner then later n sit back and :sleep:

This is going past digging a channel in my opinion.

Gas work needs qualified engineers who know where to best run pipes in accordance with current regulations. Just get a pro in. It's obvious (and no disrespect) your not sure what your doing.

i agree and wasn't even considering anything other then digging but at end day its hurting my head so ill call the man that can and see if he can do it around my other jobs or change the order of works.

cheers to you and all who have posted

It is so much work channeling concrete that any other routing will always be better.

Take care with figures given above. They relate to gas pipes outside.

But as we all say, get the pro in as early as possible.

Tony

thanks again for the posts

i honestly thought was just as simple as dig trench ......

plastic pipe = x deep
copper pipe = x deep
other pipe = x deep

line trench with sand or xxx cover with x inch

didn't think so involved just for the trench i knew the pipe side of it was way out my comfort zone but i have dug trenches many times for different things

cheers

hello all

had a pro gas man call today so for anyone in future wanting to know what he said

inside property pipe needs min of 40mm screed, best line trench with sand so any depth will be layer sand plus pipe plus 40mm, copper pipe can be used and wrapped for protection in pvc tape or other types available, or can be sleeved in pvc conduit plastic type pipes can not be used.

all joints must be tested before wrapping

so now i know trench depth i can do that and pay him for the pipe work

hope this helps anyone in future

But do you know the pipe size you will need?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back