re route gas pipe

The pipe size depends on the load of the gas appliances.

But if the total length will only be 4 m then I would expect that 22 mm will probably be adequate.

But the total gas pipe run includes vertical pipes as well as horizontal. The number of elbows are also relevant as they have greater flow resistance,

Tony

Sponsored Links
The pipe size depends on the load of the gas appliances.

But if the total length will only be 4 m then I would expect that 22 mm will probably be adequate.

But the total gas pipe run includes vertical pipes as well as horizontal. The number of elbows are also relevant as they have greater flow resistance,

Tony

at the moment the run is 43ft of 22mm to boiler with 7 elbows before t's off to 15mm (1ft) then 4ft of 22mm plus 1ft of 15mm to hob,
new run will be 13 ft of 22mm with 3 bends no elbows 2 straight joints joining to boiler then the 4ft of 22mm plus 1ft of 15mm to hob.

at the moment if hobs on and run hot tap the gas flow dips slightly on hob, gas man said new run will stop that.

main point was to find out trench depth as i wanted this trench dug whilst door was out so even if 32 mm pipe trench size wouldn't been much bigger i just needed to know if pipe could be put under screed and how deep needed.

i can do diy pluming myself and have for years without leaks but with gas i wouldn't take risk myself especially when i want it buried. digging i can do :LOL:

at the moment if hobs on and run hot tap the gas flow dips slightly on hob, gas man said new run will stop that.

The permissible pressure loss is only 1 mbar in a nominal 20 mbar.

A 5% reduction in pressure would not normally be noticeable in a hob flame size.

Sounds as if your gas pipework is currently somewhat undersized.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Wasn't there mention of the lease holder being informed of the works?

The permissible pressure loss is only 1 mbar in a nominal 20 mbar.

A 5% reduction in pressure would not normally be noticeable in a hob flame size.

Sounds as if your gas pipework is currently somewhat undersized.

Tony

its only running 2 items on the current 22mm setup was linked into warm air heating before boiler installed but as said is an ex council flat and im not convinced of quality of work plus put it down to length of run before hitting any appliance.
my last place had same boiler running 3 bed house plus gas cooker with no drop issues this was 22mm pipe to boiler approx 9 ft then 8 ft run of 15mm to cooker.

so once all the excess pipe removed should be ok.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back