Reactfast training

good man

must say that I attened an intensive electrical course ELA domestic installer for my part p, its was intense thats for sure

good luck mate, and remember that its experiance that counts, which you seem to be trying to get

Sponsored Links
Samy said :-

"""These are the qualifications you recieve.

We both have masters degrees so i can't see absorbing some basic plumbing theory as too much of a challenge. """

Surely if you can get a master's degree you should have learnt to spell "receive" and use a capital "I" ?

The Water Regulations is very useful IF its the proper qualification, the other two I have never heard of before.

However its not pieces of paper that count in plumbing its the hands on ability!!!

Tony

They may well be recognised but customers do not inspect your paper qualifications before allowing you onto their premises ( apart from a CORGI photocard ).

Its your ability to competently carry out the practical plumbing tasks on which you are judged.

Plumbing is a totally hands on business.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Haven't you been reading Tony?

I have stated on numerous occasions that niether of us intends to become a plumber.

However i don't think you need to get too upset. Althought there are people trying to take your job after only six weeks training, i'm sure your experience will hold up. If not you could always try and do a degree in using I not i. :p [/quote]

`Morning Snake eyes :) You guys should find the course useful.I`ve been mentoring an old mate of mine who got a degree back in the 70`s so prob. = to your new Masters ;) He has now overtaken me on the theory and is studying electrics and boiler operating principles.....but his pipework is still untidy. This is what I would expect, and as I said to him...Plumbing should be neither seen nor heard, so yes, go for it.Your property developing business will require managing and the more you know of the theory of the different trades the better.

Samy, you keep on saying that you dont want to become a plumber but you started by saying that you wanted to fit bathrooms! To me that pure plumbing.

Rather than spend nearly £4000 on a course, I would suggest that you find a very competent plumber to fit your bathrooms on the basis that you work as the plumbers mate and learn the practical skills at the same time.

If you must do a theory course then there is a two day Water Regs course which costs less than £200. Thats the only course that would be of any use apart from CORGI registration assessments.

Tony

Point taken Tony, thanks. Thanks to Nige as well.

You're right we wish to carry out some plumbing but only in our own houses, so mistakes will not be the end of the world.

As for the CORGI. Can you run me through the process to become registered? Pre-requisites, cost etc. Are you telling me its possible to become a gas engineer without an apprenticeship?

SamySnake said:
As for the CORGI. Can you run me through the process to become registered? Pre-requisites, cost etc. Are you telling me its possible to become a gas engineer without an apprenticeship?

I believe the current requirements are 200 hours experience with a registered gas fitter to be eligeble to take the ccn1 (core gas safety) exam which is a 2 day long practical and theoretical examination and can be passed after a couple of months studying the manuals if you have a bit of an aptitude for that sort of thing. ccn1 costs about 500 or so for the exam only and no training. After that you need individual tickets for seperate gas appliance needing 40 - 80 hours experience on each and then about 100 for each further assesment. On the domestic side there is warm air, boilers, water heaters, gas fires, cookers, forced air cookers, laundry appliances. Been a while since I last did it but thats a rough guide, then you can apply for the pleasure of having corgi to come out and see if you are up to a good enough standard to join their club at a fee.

200 hrs I think if you intend to independantly Reg but if you are going on a a companies reg then its 80 hrs and then a ten day training course to bring up knowledge level to the standard required to pass CCN1

A training centre near me is offer a 30 day course for 1900 plus vat and you end up with ccn1 and four elements of your choosing without having to have any previous experiance

also C&G are launching a gas maintence and service course ( i am sorry but I forget the number) it takes two years on day release and you need to have a work placement of at least once a week for a day, again you come out with cnn1 and four elements and a stand alone qualification

I believe that is the first senisble thing C&G have done for years.

6022, 6032. Dont waste your time and money guys. You should be looking at least the 6129 certificate for that kind of money. The afore mentioned certificates are just optional elements of the C&G 6129 craft certificate. 6022 says you can bend & solder pipe, the 6032 says you can juggle said bathroom suite around and squeeze it into the available floorspace you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back