Reasons not to steal cables

Sponsored Links
I bet that if a group of people were:

1) Motivated and trained

2) Large enough and well equipped enough

3) Not afraid to die

They could take out the electricity supply for all, or huge parts, of London or other major cities for long enough to make those cities uninhabitable.

They could take out the electricity supply for all, or huge parts, of London or other major cities for long enough to make those cities uninhabitable

Far easier than you think and with low risk!

Ongoing on part of our network
FIRE SERVICE STATES FIRE IN PROP 1 INJ (PERSON ELECTROCUTED BUT AMBULANCE ARRIVE AND TAKING CARE OF HIM-SUSPECTED TAMPERING WITH SUPPly)

POSS FATALITY OFFICE SINGLE STORY BUILDING 100YDS UP FROM PRIMARY BURNT CABLES ON FLR REQ EDIS

EDIS = Emergency Disconnection

Primary = a nearby 33kV to 11kV substation

Sponsored Links
Far easier than you think and with low risk!
You'd have to hit more than one location, but I'm assuming that trying to visit major destruction on a site where there's 400kV isn't going to be risk free....
One would imagine serious explosive devices, with the perpetractors far away when they go bang. Either that or, given what we've seen in the past, get some people who have no intertest in 'risk-free' to crash airliners into a few key major distribution facilities on the network.

Kind Regards, John.

We've been through that one before - I again refer you to the OED (IIRC) for information on 'non-fatal electrocution'!

I'm sticking firmly to my guns whatever nonsense has been included in the latest version of the OED. There is no such thing as "non-fatal electrocution."

I again refer you to the OED (IIRC) for information on 'non-fatal electrocution'!
And I again say "F*** them and their attempt to legitimise ignorant misuse of a perfectly unambiguous word. They are out on a limb with this one, and they are wrong."

We've been through that one before - I again refer you to the OED (IIRC) for information on 'non-fatal electrocution'!
I'm sticking firmly to my guns whatever nonsense has been included in the latest version of the OED. There is no such thing as "non-fatal electrocution."
You certainly have 'common usage' (and most dictionaries) on your side by taking that view.

I suppose we could really do with another word. "To suffer an electric shock", or anything like that, is a bit long-winded.

Kind Regards, John.

One would imagine serious explosive devices, with the perpetractors far away when they go bang.
They've got to get in and plant them in the right places first.

Mortars, RPGs, TOW anti-tank missiles?

Either that or, given what we've seen in the past, get some people who have no intertest in 'risk-free' to crash airliners into a few key major distribution facilities on the network.
A barely-trained pilot might find that what, on the ground, looked like quite a large substation, would become small and hard to hit with an airliner travelling at hundreds of miles an hour.

A barely-trained pilot might find that what, on the ground, looked like quite a large substation, would become small and hard to hit with an airliner travelling at hundreds of miles an hour.
True, but the WTC towers probably didn't look very big until they got very close, either. I imagine that some HV/EHV facilities cover at least as much ground area as one of those towers.

Kind Regards, John.

True, but the WTC towers probably didn't look very big until they got very close, either.
And even then one only just hit it.

I imagine that some HV/EHV facilities cover at least as much ground area as one of those towers.
And all, basically, at ground level. Misjudge your angle of approach even slightly and you'll miss it completely.

http://www.channel4.com/news/dramatic-video-of-cable-theft-blaze

WRT flying planes into the twin towers and pentagon (a ground target . .), I suggest you look at 'Pilots for 9/11 Truth' (http://pilotsfor911truth.org/)

The best and most accurate 9/11 info that I know of is here: www.ae911truth.org

There is a peer-reviewed and, as yet to the best of my knowledge, unchallenged paper which proves the theory of controlled demolition. It's true there are many unanswered questions but the official story has been deconstructed and shown to be a pile of poo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back