Recomendations for CH Programmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Recently moved into a flat and am a bit unimpressed with the current central heating system, I could do with a bit of flexibility as a result am looking into central heating control.

I've had a good look around and really like the look of the Siemens Touch Screen control system (currently in the process of improving the house, and love gadgets ;) ). I've had a search round and one of the most useful features that I used to have in my old house was a +1hr button, which you could hit to get just an hours worth of heating, useful for when going to bed.

Is this a feature that no longer exists on programmers because most the models I have seen don't appear to mention it, unless im looking under the wrong terminology.

I'd like to be able to program the boiler for each day of the week (we tend to have it on more at the weekend) and if possible have an +1hr function.

Do you guys have any suggestions ? Budget isn't really an issue at this stage, if there are any that work well with home automation systems then I'd be quite interested in perusing these as home automation is also something I'd like to get into.

I have a Worcester 28CDi boiler, I don't mind if it is wired or wireless, I am quite happy to pull cables through the roof space if needbe !!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
After a bit more googling I think I may have sorted out my confusion, that said I'd still like suggestions.

I think I was looking at programmable thermostats, and what I had installed in my old place was actually just a timeswitch. I'm guessing I would be ok just getting another timeswitch, I don't tend to turn the heating on and desire a constant temp, I usually just tend to need the place warming up a bit.

Does anyone have any timeswitch recommendations ?!

Cheers

Siemens rev24, most accurate I have seen so far, lots of options, easy to program, different overrides, and the rf version has a very strong signal.

Honeywell 9400C, is a supurb piece of kit that will give you all the features you require, and easy to set up with it's "line of text"(LOT)
feature ;)

Sponsored Links
Whoops so busy reading all the waffle I missed the bit about Combi
Try a Honeywell CM Prog Room Stat then.. Sorry :oops:

i'm a Ch installer fitting W/b exclusively and i fit the Salus 7 day wireless programmer everywhere, i 've fitted over a hundred without a problem and never being raised as an issue on re visits /services..
and great value to.

Honeywell 9400C, is a supurb piece of kit that will give you all the features you require, and easy to set up with it's "line of text"(LOT)
feature icon_wink.gif

Fit a honeywell st9100, this is 7 day and has the extra hour facility (can actually have 3).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back