Recommend a 24kw Combi

Status
Not open for further replies.
hardwork thinks he knows what it costs to keep a modern insulated cylinder warm.

Strange that he won't quantify it.

If I heat mine on a Friday and go away for the weekend, it is still hot for a bath on Monday.

Hardwork thinks it takes "an eternity" for a modern boiler to heat a modern cylinder. This tells me that his beliefs are based on prejudice and ignorance.
Ad hom attacks. Means he has lost it. I am being serious, you don't have much of a clue. One thing is for certain, your silly cylinder cannot provide two mini-drencher showers one after the other.

Sponsored Links
Combi's are on the rise but not necessarily for the right reasons. Each installation needs to be assessed on its merits.

But seeing as you asked nicely... here is one I did earlier:

View attachment 139498

Not quite finished there obvs.
Agree with your comment about
assessed on its merits.
Installation looks good. Judging by the number of pipes and the instrumentation it's bigger than a typical domestic job.

Yes, those things can fail, but with a stored water cylinder a shower is not going to go stone cold part way through, that's the point I was making.
My son had a Vaillant (I think) combi installed 18 months ago, replaced an earlier combi, so no real choice. It has failed twice, seems OK now. Sounds as if ATAG might be better. But don't let's fall out about it, people have different preferences :cool:.
Vaillant are overrated. ATAG are far superior even Intergas are. Even the new Ferroli Modena is. Danny the new Doddy will be pleased to hear that as as he grows Intergas' in his combi growing plantation.

That would be telling :D. Hard-On, being such a brainiac should be able to figure out.

Feels strange being on a similar train of thought to Mr D and Mr Green... But at least they HAVE thought about their opinions.
Oh Doddy that was good!!! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes please.
Also, what is the difference between "actually combination boilers and functioning as combination boilers"? I don't understand
Neither does Doddy. He is probably down the hot water cylinder mines digging them out.

Feels strange being on a similar train of thought to Mr D and Mr Green.
Doddy you have been on the same wavelength as John D for a long time. Did you dig out a hot water cylinder from your mine for him?

I see you are avoiding D's question. Having little digs at me with no facts to back up previous assertions merely highlights what a clueless fool you are.

Yes, it looks very nice, but what has it to do with combi vs system boiler, as I asked in #56? It would work with either.
A combi provides the hot water for a mini-drencher. I can have drencher showers one after each other for ever. Try that with a space consuming inefficient cylinder. I don't go for 1930s technology.

Doddy, have you had a hard days dig?
diddymencol.jpg

Combi's are on the rise but not necessarily for the right reasons. Each installation needs to be assessed on its merits.

But seeing as you asked nicely... here is one I did earlier:

View attachment 139498

Not quite finished there obvs.
Doddy, you need to learn how to use a bender. Using pushfit swept elbows is really not the way. Did you pick the elbows from the copper fitting tree in your garden?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back