Recommend a 24kw Combi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Doddy, you are fun. Fantastic how you have taken up the baton and ran with it.

Are you using these Doddy?
93623.jpg

Sponsored Links
A combi provides the hot water for a mini-drencher. I can have drencher showers one after each other for ever. Try that with a space consuming inefficient cylinder. I don't go for 1930s technology.
OK, but endless showers in succession isn't likely to be an important requirement for most installations. I can have a good shower and it doesn't usually even trigger the cylinder stat, so at least 3-4 showers in succession wouldn't be a problem. The heat input probably wouldn't keep up indefinitely, but it doesn't need to. Mine is slower to recover than it might be, I suspect
because
there's plenty of scale on the cylinder coil. The 2nd-ary side of the HW h/ex on a combi could also scale up, though I would like to think it would be easier and cheaper to replace than changing a HW cylinder. Pros and cons.

OK, but endless showers in succession isn't likely to be an important requirement for most installations. I can have a good shower and it doesn't usually even trigger the cylinder stat, so at least 3-4 showers in succession wouldn't be a problem. The heat input probably wouldn't keep up indefinitely, but it doesn't need to. Mine is slower to recover than it might be, I suspect because there's plenty of scale on the cylinder coil. The 2nd-ary side of the HW h/ex on a combi could also scale up, though I would like to think it would be easier and cheaper to replace than changing a HW cylinder. Pros and cons.
You got most there. Why should anyone sane fit a space consuming, inefficient, large cylinder, with extra controls, that pumps heat into the house in summer when there is no need to? When I had a cylinder I would exhaust the cylinder of hot water after a shower. I go into my shower, and I take some time in there, and then my teenage daughter goes in after, and you know how long they take. If I a had a dumb cylinder it would need to be about 400 litres minimum, taking masses of valuable space. All I have is a white box on the back wall in a cupboard.

I live near central London where homes are expensive. You are paying for space. Why should I clutter this expensive space with unnecessary needless equipment? No one sane would.

I have advised guys renovating big flats around here, that cost millions, with renovation costing 0.5 million, to use the big ATAGs delivering about 23 litres per/min. The flexibility in not having to accommodate a large cylinder is enormous. These places tend to have walk-in showers, not baths, and at times two showers. All works well.

Last edited:
I have read Doddy on a number of occasions and he falls short. He is an insulting *******.
Yes, insults are really not appropriate, are they? I wonder who's the offender who's insulted just about everyone? I searched for everything that could be an insult.
the new Doddy has come in with his one liners

Never underestimate Hard-On's ability to spout irrelevant booloocks

Danny the new Doddy is at it again

Please focus.

Your Luddite tendencies are still here.

Total and utter nonsense.

What world are you two in?

Hard-On, being such a brainiac

you don't have much of a clue. One thing is for certain, your silly cylinder

Danny the new Doddy

Oh Doddy that was good!!!

Neither does Doddy

What a dumbass.

Did you pick the elbows from the copper fitting tree

Oh Doddy, are you using a crimper? Or Diddyglue?

Doddy, you are fun.

I prefer to see my posts towards Hard-On, instead of an attack, more as a indicator of a total lack of respect and faith in his ability to tie his shoe laces, let alone advise people what to do in their multi million pound properties.

Some of us work on and design systems from one bedroom flats up to 200kW churches. Who's advice is worth considering here?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back