Recommend loft conversion designer West Midlands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It’s crunch time. After a couple of hours in my loft yesterday I’ve concluded that designing the structural elements of a loft conversion in my loft are beyond me. If I had a nice simple gable to gable house I’d have a bash. But I don’t.

I’ve emailed a few designers/architects from a google search, but was wondering if anyone has a recommendation which I’d prefer than just reading some glitzy web page. Don’t want or need pretty pictures and colour schemes, just the structural design and building reg drawings. Basically roof and floor.

I’m out of my comfort zone here having to enlist professionals….. I’m strictly a “have a go hero” and the thought of having to pay someone is bringing me out in a rash.

Sponsored Links
Come on Pisbury don't let the side down! have a few glasses of vino that will bring you to your senses. What type of roof do you have?

I shall try and explain but will take pictures tomorrow as they speak a thousand words apparently.

Detached house, gable ended one side, hipped the other. A gabled bay at the front and a smaller gable at the rear. 1925 traditional cut roof. Quite tall, 3m+ ridge height, 2 purlins supporting rafters at approx 1/3 and 2/3 span. A big 12 x 5” steel going front to back on the floor with brick walls built off to support the purlins nearly mid span.

And the loft is fairly big…. 9m x 8m approx.

not quite a thousand words but that’s it until I get some pics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back