Red Cross hard sell

Also, have you seen some of their headquarters buildings? Who needs a central London office block with custom statuary and indoor jungle?

Sponsored Links
A modern day charity is a cash cow to make their leaders very wealthy. I wouldn't give them a penny.

i think if its less than 90% going directly to where you would expect it to go they should have to tell you exactly where it goes before you sign up if its less than 80% the person signing you up should have to tell you he is being paid and is the only reason he is canvasing your money

Sponsored Links
It's not that we're mean. Nothing goes in our bin if we think it could be sold in a charity shop or at a jumble sale and we put money in those little envelopes too (though their numbers have dropped right off) but we have a simple rule. We never give money to any charity that tells us how much we ought to pay - which means that our choices are getting smaller all the time. :( :( :(

I can't remember when it started but it seems that nearly everybody wants you to sign a direct debit these days. I know why they do it. They know perfectly well that people forget how many direct debits they've got and are too lazy to cancel them anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The problem is that someone old and no longer quite 'with it' might think these things are bills and just pay up.

I've also noticed that charities are getting greedy. They're putting there prices up. "Just two pounds a month" has, in many cases, become "just three pounds a month" - which is way above current inflation - and there's at least one lot who want five! :eek: :eek: :eek: The only charity that I can think of right now that advertises on national TV but doesn't tell us how much we 'owe' them is the RSPCA so they're still in our good books. Otherwise we prefer to support smaller, local charities.

And another thing. We get a lot of charity shop collection bags coming through our letter box but most go straight in the bin. Why? because, in the small print, it says something like "Bags will be collected by a commercial partner who is sharing a percentage of the proceeds." Now what percentage would that be exactly? :?: :?: :?:

Back