Redoing T&G glued engineered flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the renovation project our builders fitted the floating floors and they did not levelled the surface properly. So the floors near the sliding doors to the garden are bouncing. They tried to put filler underneath and fixed it with a threshold but the floors are now wavy and look awful. We asked them to rectify the job. So now they are going to hack the uneven area with a saw, lift it and try to level the surface with either more underlay or levelling compound and then put it back. I am afraid it might only make the things worse. I wonder if I have to ask them to refit the floors completely including levelling the surface properly (it is combination of cement and old parquet) will I have to buy new floors again as the boards were T&G glued (I think with PVA or something)?

Sponsored Links
Can you state exactly how your floors are constructed - from the bottom, layer by layer.
Are they suspended or solid floors?
Its possible to clean off carefully lifted boards but posting a photo would help.

Hi, I have a similar problem. Did you manage to get anywhere with this? please advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back