Reducing benefits for the workshy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it a good idea? Or ill-conceived?

moderator 4

This can run as long as you dont bring it down to the level you started the other two off that were deleted.

Sponsored Links
It depends on the exact details.It has always been difficult to differentiate between those who can't and those who won't work.

What were they Mod 4? What rule have I broken?

Moderator 4

you know what they were Joe and you know the rules. Dont try it on or the whole post will go.

Yes I do know the rules and suggesting that the employment opportunities are no longer there doesn't break them.

Yep I totally agree - I think if they halved benefits when the child turns 11 then it would encourage the bone idle to get some burgers flipped instead of watching Trisha and Good Morning.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm what's that all about Thermo - you're not a mod are you? :(

Edit: funny thing just happened - joe-90's name came up as Thermo for a while then. Something fishy going on here.

Moderator 4

I edited and deleted Thermo's post instead of Joe 90s. Apologies to Thermo

SHOCK HORROR - MOD MAKES A MISTAKE

Hang em all .........lol..lol

an turn it into a Big Bruv hang em show ....;)

you British are too soft ..lol..lol..lol :) :)

ricicle said:
It depends on the exact details.It has always been difficult to differentiate between those who can't and those who won't work.

Years ago when I was kid even the most challenged of people could get jobs at places like Raleigh Bikes putting spokes in wheels and pressing rims by pulling a handle. Today we don't need the handle pullers - so what happens to the 'not too intellectual' that once did mundane jobs that no longer exist as they are either automated or done in China? I guess they become the 'unemployed'?

apology accepted!

moz how are things going, things any clearer?

the state the economy is in there are plenty of jobs to go around in many areas, so personally i think anything that is aimed at getting the genuine lazy gits back to work is a good thing. How you decide who is genuine though is another thing

today day I went to the local dump.I was dumping rubbish when some kid high visibility coat said. "What you dumping?"

"What's it got to do with you?"
"I'm a council refuse site oppertive."
"Good for you,now leave me alone."
"I've got to make sure you are putting the rubbish in the right places."
"What?"
"I've got to advise you where to put your rubbish."
"I know where to put my rubbish mate."
"Your not being co-opertive.I'm going to report you."
"he walked off.
I finished throwing my rubbish in the tip and started to drive out when this kid and a older guy in the yellow high visibility coat wave me down.

"My Mate said you are not co-operating with the site rules."
"I come here to throw my rubbish away it's just rubbish.No paper,no bottles, no iron.Just rubbish."
"You have to obay the site rules."
Next minute four more of these yellow coats come over.
"You get paid for this mate?"I said.
"Of course we are,we work for the council and in future if you want to use this site you have to obay what we say."
I just laught.
"No wonder my council tax keep going up when we in the private sector have got to generate the wealth to pay for even more council busy- bodies.
To answer your question,why don't they employ the un-employed to do this and just pay them their dole?

Thermo
*Lifes coolies mon !*

the explanation of the posts the other night vanished but Wendy an I ....

are Super ....
Twas Moz getting the wrong end of a stick here an thinking the good lad breezer was in despair ...

anyway
my net speed connectitvity is awful here though posted around on tech boards about it an at *software* here ...........

so please bear with me ....
feel its easier to swim too uk an deliever messages to posters front doors an swim home again,lol...lol ;)
hope you doing well yourself my old mate ? ;)

joe-90 said:
so what happens to the 'not too intellectual' that once did mundane jobs that no longer exist...?
They become estate agents and property developers (the same job really). :eek:

rommy said:
I just laught.
The amusing thing here is that you yourself seem intellectually challenged, being unable to read the rules and regulations of your local dump, and unable to write on this forum.

wooooh,sorry must have missed that rule on this forum where it says "before you post here you must be an intellectual ." :D
Excuse me if I'm thick,I'm just a hard working tax payer.
:confused:

rommy said:
today day I went to the local dump.I was dumping rubbish when some kid high visibility coat said. "What you dumping?"
Our local tip is now called recycle centre, we are not allow to dump household rubbish which must be done by the dustcart on the street, they are only trying to be helpful to you to dump the rubbish in the right place because I've seen many people who couldn't careless which bins they put the rubbish in which they have to sort out.

"What's it got to do with you?"
How would you like it if that was said to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back