Referendums

Sponsored Links
images
+
images
= :?:

Say what you see Imamartian ... Say what you see :)
And then post back what you've seen as I don't have a clue what Softy Boy is banging on about.

And, something's nagging away at me that I should :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
i know the plane can take off but i can only see the penny dropping.. :oops:

we cant even agree on a name for a public vote yet we will vote on the complex issues involved in the european union.

murdoch or someone who lives in chiswick or kew and works for the bbc would then decide...

if i were cameron i would offer a referendum about hanging, i think that he would get in tomorrow if he were willing to act on the results..

you get one ever 4 or 5 years ,who's in who's out, they call it the vote its been around for years :LOL: :LOL:

if i were cameron i would offer a referendum about hanging, i think that he would get in tomorrow if he were willing to act on the results..

It's not going to happen mate. (I'm glad to say)

It's not going to happen mate. (I'm glad to say)

agreed, but i would do it if i wanted power like cameron does.

i would have hanging joe but a lot of things in the legal system would need to be sorted first.

a huge change in the fairness of society would need to go along with it.

ultimately, i would have hanging. we are in more danger not having a smoke alarm than getting hanged by mistake.

i would use the money saved by hanging, rather than feeding, that prisoner to make some 'kids' prospects much better.

i am happy to defend this position but this is complicated and far reaching.
im not a lynch mob man by any means. but if things were altered to bump off no hopers, kill for money or power types then i would be for it.

AtoZ said:
ultimately, i would have hanging. we are in more danger not having a smoke alarm than getting hanged by mistake.
These risks are not comparable.

We choose whether or not we have a smoke alarm. Cases of unsafe convictions and wrongful imprisonment happen to people who cannot influence what is happening to them.

Moreover, some (including me) would say that anything more than zero chance of a mistake in capital punishment is an unacceptable risk.

i am happy to defend this position but this is complicated and far reaching.
I disagree - it's incredibly simple.

dont tell me that i will have a union jack BNP tattoo and that i dont like gays or that i am worried about my sexuality..

please dont tell me that the risks of a smoke alarm are not comparable because we would have to choose to have hanging restored. that implies some choice in the matter..

moreover, some (including me) would say that having no real justice is unacceptable.

you have a view softus (overly trendy imho) but you cannot tell me what is acceptable. you can tell me your view and i will listen but it comes down to a matter of opinion, mine is for, with conditions.

i do find it odd that anyone who has the anti BNP/gay/sexuality worries/anti hanging/ liberty for all type arguements turn into adolf hitler when someone challenges their bbc/unrealistic/chattering view of the world.

i would vote for, you would vote against.

btw
i am at heart a leftie
i do think there are too many gay people who work for the bbc and impose a false view of life upon us.
my mum is foreign so i am not in anyway BNP tho i am very patriotic although i can see that to follow a flag on a pole and love a bit of ground is a poor idea to start with..but

i do believe that there are some really bad people out there who do not care who they hurt by their actions and i would not hesitate to hang these people.

i support our soldiers but i sometimes wish that our govt would mind its own business.

i always pick up my dogs poo..

just saving a bit of time here..

dont tell me that i will have a union jack BNP tattoo and that i dont like gays or that i am worried about my sexuality.
OK. But when you find out, just remember that you didn't hear it from me.

please dont tell me that the risks of a smoke alarm are not comparable because we would have to choose to have hanging restored. that implies some choice in the matter.
You've misunderstood. The choice is that of the risk-taker. If I voted against hanging, but was subsequently hanged for something that you did (killing a black gay jew, for example), then I would not have had any choice in the matter.

you have a view softus (overly trendy imho) but you cannot tell me what is acceptable.
I didn't - I merely pointed out that there are people to whom it's unacceptable.

i do find it odd that anyone who has the anti BNP/gay/sexuality worries/anti hanging/ liberty for all type arguements turn into adolf hitler when someone challenges their bbc/unrealistic/chattering view of the world.
You find it odd because you've made wrong assumptions about my reasoning and motives. That's not what I would call listening.

I'm not anti- all of those things that you bizarrely juxtaposed.

i would vote for, you would vote against.
No. I would do more than that. I would campaign against it. I would lobby my MP. I would fight tooth and nail to prevent it happening, and, if outvoted, I would continue to campaign to abolish it, and would peacefully protest at every attempt to implement a death sentence.

quite clearly i have got some of my assumptions wrong and i aplogise for that.

the main point for me was the choice.
i accept that if i kill a black gay jew ( :LOL: ) and you didnt vote yes then you will suffer.

but.. if you take part in a democracy then you have to abide by the decisions that are made by the majority.

i once had to go out on a strike which i was adamant i didnt want, but when some one said to me " you have tried all you can to fight against the strike but have lost the vote, how can you now go against the majority. what is the point in joining the union. (this person disagreed too)

you participate, you choose.

for what is worth softus, i would not be to far from your view.
there are loads of conditions i would need to see before i would agree to hanging but none of them based on the risk of hanging the wrong man by mistake as such.
for me i would be more concerned about the sun newspaper deciding to hang whoever it deems as guilty.

quite clearly i have got some of my assumptions wrong and i aplogise for that.
Respec' innit.

if you take part in a democracy then you have to abide by the decisions that are made by the majority.
That's why I would behave lawfully, but I don't have to accept the law as it stands - membership of the democracy furnishes me with the right to seek to change the law.

i once had to go out on a strike which i was adamant i didnt want, but when some one said to me " you have tried all you can to fight against the strike but have lost the vote, how can you now go against the majority. what is the point in joining the union. (this person disagreed too)
I don't see the parallel. Your union membership was a contract. You would have been in breach of the contract if you didn't swim with the shoal.

I'm wouldn't be in breach of any law if I peacefully campaigned to reverse the death penalty.

you participate, you choose.
I choose to vote, and I choose to communicate with my MP.

for what is worth softus, i would not be to far from your view.
there are loads of conditions i would need to see before i would agree to hanging but none of them based on the risk of hanging the wrong man by mistake as such.
for me i would be more concerned about the sun newspaper deciding to hang whoever it deems as guilty.
Fair play - you're no namsag.

some words have a certain ring to them such as Referendum though i cant quite put my finger on it it does have a nice sound to it :D

Sponsored Links
Back