Registering Voda Sim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tried to register Voda sim today.

He asked for my dob, and I refused. He refused to register the sim unless he had my dob.

I object very strongly to these tactics. Companies should not insist on collecting data such as this from their customers: it is wrong. They should only ask for the bare minimum of details they need.

I feel it is cheeky to ask for your dob anyway, especially as they only want it to profile their customer base.

Anyhow, I rang again this evening and registered without it, no probs.

Anyone else feel similarly?

Sponsored Links
I suppose you could annoy them by demanding Subject Access to personal data once a month.

Did you have to try and tell the computer your address? Darn thing didn't understand Cumbrian anyway lol.

yesterday,

the phone rings

him, "hello, could i speak to mr blah blah

me, "speaking

him, "hi, dave from NTL, could i have the first line of your adress and your postcode ?

me, "of course you can, could i have your password ?

him, " what do you mean?

me, "you are a stranger, who's come into my house asking me personal information, i havent a clue who you are, and here's you demanding details of me !

him, " i'll speak to you when your in a better mood sir. goodbye

Sponsored Links
exactly. The bank rang me the other day and asked the same questions, I "knew" it was the bank because the bloke could barely speak English, but if I were to give all the details to him he could have been anyone, next thing my account is empty! I'll have to remember to ask for their password next time!

I usually ask how long I've had my account with them. Anyone who's seen a cheque knows my name, account number and branch address.

I knew it was them BUT, i am not willing to put with"this is how it's gonna be from now on , yeah, do one :evil:

Spark123 said:
Did you have to try and tell the computer your address? Darn thing didn't understand Cumbrian anyway lol.

I had the joy of listening in to a call centre once. It's great when somebody from Cumbria rings up...

Apart from the accent/dialect issue which defeats a lot of call centre workers (intelligence not essential) they can't grasp that not all roads in Cumbria have names (or indeded many rural area's). The biggest problem is when you have a small village and neither of the roads have a name, or they are known locally by names relating to farms or wells.

That reminds me of the news item a few weeks ago when a mother and baby broke down on a country lane and the AA did not have the lane on their satnav so they could not get there!

There is a road in NW London called Apsley Way which is not on the Police computer so dont report that you are getting murdered there!

Tony

Apsley way is better known to people who work in the area because there is a small branch of Plumb Centre there.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back