Remeha hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one suggest a reason why my Remeha comby cannot supply hot water at the correct temp anymore - its seems to try and goes luke warm. The central heating works fine!!

Sponsored Links
1. Any Error (E) numbers on the display?

2. What sequence of numbers do you get when the HW is turned on?

3. Which number is displayed when the water goes cold?

4. What is the t1, t2 and t3 temperature? (Press the + key to display t1 followed by a number - that's the temperature. Press + again for t2 and t3)

5. What external controls do you have?

Scaled plate HE or Thermistor fault neither of these will bring up a code every time ;)

1. Any Error (E) numbers on the display? No

2. What sequence of numbers do you get when the HW is turned on? 3

3. Which number is displayed when the water goes cold? 3

4. What is the t1, t2 and t3 temperature? (Press the + key to display t1 followed by a number - that's the temperature. Press + again for t2 and t3)
I looked at these and the temp starts to rise initially upto 65 and then falls back down. Seems to be flow related to a certain extent.

5. What external controls do you have? A standard thermostat and 7 day controller

See comments above

Sponsored Links
There are 2 thermistors, one on the boiler flow, the other on the return (behind the fan)

I personally do not descale Plate HE's (some on here do though!) ;)

There are 2 thermistors, one on the boiler flow, the other on the return (behind the fan)

I personally do not descale Plate HE's (some on here do though!) ;)

Ok - I am obviously a novice and have just realised that HE = heat exchanger, Im pretty sure this is ok as the boiler is only 3 years old. I checked the service manual, and couldnt see any mention of thermistor - does it have another name and how do you check the operation or do just replace and see what happens?

Sorry I remembered it incorrectly - it is showing 4 for HW and 3 for CH.
Then it's back to a blocked heat exchanger.

Do you live in a hard water area? If so, it might be a good idea to fit an anti-scale device on the cold water feed to the boiler.

Ok Ive had someone look at the boiler and its probably the HE scaled up, as the boiler was functioning correctly. So it would seem I need to replace the HE (or clean it) and get an inline filter.

Ordered a plate exchanger - is this a difficult job to change, does the water pump have to taken out - what else should I be wary of?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back