Remembering customers!

G

Goldspoon

An idea I am trying out... a post in another forum but to do with trying to remember customers when they phone up and give their name but you cannot remember them and phone just says "Mary Smith calling..." but does not allow notes to be stored as part of caller ID

I have actually come up with a temporary solution: On piece paper I write down something like...

Fitted loo. Chester. Wife is Mary. House with swimming pool.
36 Smith St. CH11 234 (for sat nav).

Then I take a pic with the phone (med quality is only 50kb) and assign it to the phone entry.

If they ever ring the pic with the details on pops up and I instantly know who they are.
I backup the phone's memory card every now and then.

Have tested it and it works great for somebody like me who has a terrible memory for names!

Ps. Phone may need to be on macro setting.

Sponsored Links
:idea:

Diary... ??

and anyway,

1. half the fekkers I never want to see again.... :rolleyes: :LOL:
2.If you can remember them, it gives the impression, youve done s0d all , since you last saw them :LOL:

I was trying to avoid the "sorry, just got to get my diary out whilst I see who you are" sort of thing.

Goldspoon, you're right. Clients love it when you remember them straight away or.... and this might be an alternative: ask "and your name again was? Then tell them - if you remember - what product or service they'd bought from you or any other specific you remember of them.
They know it is hard to remember their names - specially when you're a busy business, but remembering just something does show they're not a number but a real valued person to you.

(And it's a 'marketing technique' that doesn't cost you anything!)

and while we're on the subject: why not send them a letter 3 - 4 weeks after a job is done to thank them again for their custom.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if the data protection act would apply here, as name and address information is being held electronically. Normally you'd have a name and number, which could be anyone with that name. Add the address, and you've enabled someone to identify a particular person - if your phone was stolen for example. Just a thought....

If you mean electronically on a mobile phone I think you're right. But electronically on a pc is a whole different matter.

As long as you keep the details for your business practice only it is within the data protection act.

Yes, I meant on a mobile phone.

"The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) requires all organisations to have appropriate security to protect personal information against unlawful or unauthorised use or disclosure, and accidental loss, destruction or damage."

With data on a PC, you will probably have multiple layers of security, ranging from the physical security of your property/office, to passwords or encryption on your PC. With mobile devices such as mobiles or USB sticks, the security is often overlooked.

I keep a list of contacts in outlook with a note of what the job was, when etc. Customers do enjoy being remembered (for the right reasons) but generally understand that as a busy business names do get forgotton. Im terrible with names but great with faces...went up the sea front for a pint, woman serving bar was a customer whod id installed a cooker for a couple of days prieviousy, couldnt remember her name but did remember the cooker job so just politly asked if she was happy with the service shed recieved...well I think the free pint said it all dont you!? (Turns out her surname is the same as mine ...DOH!)

Sponsored Links
Back