Remov and build a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to put together estimated costs for a house project. Won't be doing it for a couple of years but just looking for estimates on things.

Previous owners put up a wall to split a bedroom into a small bedroom and basically a big cupboard, I want this wall taken down and the original wall put back up. Standard height, approx 8ft in length - i think. There are electrical wires in the wall but its not a support wall or that.

The other wall is only about 2 - 3 ft in length, standard height. Same thing previous owners moved the wall and I would like it back to its original place.

Thanks for any estimates on costs to help me save and budget!!

Sponsored Links
There is much more info' required for any degree of accuracy but.....

It is possible to remove say an upstairs stud wall and build another similar wall, in a different location, in the same day. there are obviously electrical alterations as well as heating pipes and rad's to consider.

Then there is the issue of making good skirting boards, hanging doors making good the plastering, including possibly ceilings. Also waste removal will be a cost factor to consider.

It sounds like a 2 - 2.5 dayer for a couple of builders.

Maybe a day for a plumber (drain down, fill and flush) and the same or perhaps a bit less for the sparks - say 4 hours.

Materials would have to be in the region of £600 and upwards.

£1600 + vat.

Probably.:cool:

You are wasting your time estimating a job to be done in two years time.

Material costs can change alarmingly within months, and anyone who estimated a job two years ago will be building at a loss today

Sponsored Links
Where's the 600 quid in materials? Where do you shop?

Somewhere cheaper than you Rigsby.

Rigsby.jpg

Thanks to all, at least it gives me an idea of cost. I was planning to add 10% to estimated costs on a yearly basis until I could get it all organised.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back