Removed toilet to be confronted by this....

Ok great its 3 1/2 inch . so grind off the ledge around the perimeter ( its only likely to get in the way of any new wc pan ). Buy mcalpine extension ,code
WC -EXTB. That has a 3 1/2 ich rubber seal ( multi finned ) . you will need to cut it so around 80 mm is above ground. That goes into the hole ,you can then fit an angled pan connector of your choice into it. I would then cover the exposed metal ,flaunched to the EXTB , with thinish screed.

Sponsored Links
Does the outlet pipe go straight down ,or is it a swept bend ? You will need around 60 mm deep sides for seal to be good

Last edited:
Ok great its 3 1/2 inch . so grind off the ledge around the perimeter ( its only likely to get in the way of any new wc pan ). Buy mcalpine extension ,code
WC -EXTB. That has a 3 1/2 ich rubber seal ( multi finned ) . you will need to cut it so around 80 mm is above ground. That goes into the hole ,you can then fit an angled pan connector of your choice into it. I would then cover the exposed metal ,flaunched to the EXTB , with thinish screed.

What sort of disc do you recommend using on the grinder?

Sorry no idea what flaunched to the extb means?

Sponsored Links
Hmm ,you probably will get away with it ,but may need to trim the finned seal. The EXTB ( code of the connector) . What i meant by Flaunching is covering the scabby looking metal all around the connector , with say cement , thin at the outer peripheral edges ,but as you go in towards the connector increase the thickness. If thats not clear ,picture a saucer ,but upside down. Thin at edges ,higher in the middle .
Metal cutting disc .on an angle grinder.

IMG_20181117_151934.jpg
IMG_20181117_211751.jpg

Just to update.. TBC

Someones been busy !! You probably need to clean up the inside , smooth it some. Is it painted ?? Looks like blistered paint ,weird. Are you intending to board over the floorboards ,to bring up to the level of the collar ,i didnt think it was that thick. What floor covering is going down ,tiles ?

Going to tile the floor will have another go tomorrow to try and remove the lip, had a poke around and can definitely trim away a bit more to reduce the diameter. But hoping it's low enough down now to be able to run the bath/shower waste in .. That's the current bath waste you can see in the background outlet is to the left and bath is to the right and don't know if you can make it out but it actually drops towards the bath so will always have been holding water....

As it appears to be floorboards rather than a concrete floor, surely it will be easier to take a few boards up, cut the pipe off and convert to plastic under the floor?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back