Renault Scenic Petrol Filler Cover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay anyone help. The car has central locking this unlocks the cover of the petrol filler, however ir doesn't.

There is no release inside the car, anyone got any ideas, petrol is getting very low

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it's only CL operated then presumably the feed from the central actuator to the solenoid by your petrol flap is missing or the solenoid by your flap is knackered.

I suspect the flap itself is some type of plastic so it may be possible to "bend" it carefully and spring it open. Worth checking with a magnet first.

Other than that - good luck - modern car electrics (especially the access to them) are a complete nightmare. Now to go and check to see how my Golf flap works.

Not having personal expierence of this particular car, I would suggest you look in the rear of the vehicle for a manual release to the flap solenoid, my Peugeot 405 estate had such a feature.
Good luck please let us know how you get on.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Remove the internal trim over the cover where the petrol flap is, and the solenoid is above the filler, connected by a rod down to it - lift the rod up to allow you to open the filler, and budget for a new locking motor.
John :)

Back