Replace two blockwork partywall with stud on first floor.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
'Replace two blockwork partywall with stud on first floor.' -what is this title all about :?:

Frame fixings are ok but I don't like them especially the crappy heads and the low quality plugs/sleeves on some are a pants. They can also be a right fekking nuisance if you want to remove the timber for whatever reason.

To get C24 I think I will need to wait for Travis perking or Jewson to open. If the quality is better, I will then wait for it

If the quality is better, I will then wait for it
But will you notice? If the wall is built well with tight joints and good fixings? With all the will in the world, a wall built with C24 will be just a shoite if the connections are slack, the spacings too large or the fixings pants.

I'd use brown plugs and 100mm 5's or 6's, depending on the masonry. Drill 7mm holes straight through the timber into the masonry.

Can I ask why you wouldn't use thunderbolts or equivalent? I prefer them but I guess the cost starts to add up if you use them day in/out.

In my case cost is irrelevant considering I only need few. What size and how many per side would you use?

Can I ask why you wouldn't use thunderbolts or equivalent? I prefer them but I guess the cost starts to add up if you use them day in/out.

Are you talking about these one?

https://www.toolstation.com/lightning-masonry-bolt/p13548

Never used before. Are they any good. For my wall cost in not a problem. only got 2 side to screw on the wall. it`s not a massive job but would like to make it lasting for a good chunk of years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back