Replacement Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 15 year old Worcester 350 Combi which is now coming to the end of it's life (minor problems on a increasingly regular basis).

I am looking to get it replaced and am considering the Worcester 37CDi, does anybody have any thoughts on this.

Roughly how much should I expect to pay for this supplied and installed or just installed? Is there anybody interested in carrying out the work?

Property is in Leeds
House and Existing Worcester 350 Combi boiler are 14-15 years old.
Boiler is situated in integral garage, horizontal flue straight out through wall.
Pipes are 22mm

Sponsored Links
Hi, there are several other factors to take into consideration with your install :-

Gas supply size
Drainage for condensate
Controls required to bring up to building standards minimun
condition of current system

to name a few.

What area of leeds are you ?

If you really want a worster then have look on their site for approved installer,who can provide you with a 5 year warranty

This may cost a little more on the intial install but the saving you will make across the 5 years should offset that

Thanks for the responses.

McMarshon, I am in Gildersome, Morley.

Happy Plumber, am I correct in thinking you are not particularly keen on Worcester boilers (given your spelling)? If so, why and what would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
All new condensing boiler are as bad as each other :( I used to install Worcester all the time but now i install Veissmann (there not without problems) Check out the Intergas combi they are extremly good, and i will be installing them from the new year. They are the easiest boiler ive ever seen to work on in fact there's nothing to go wrong :)

I install all leading brands including the one whoes name i didnt spell correctly :)

I have no experience of the intergas boiler and again heard all the speel about this particuliar heat exchanger and no divertor valve,if these were such revolutionary boilers then how comes all the other manufacturers havent moved onto it

the biflow heat exchanger was not great sucess in this country and has already been tried and tested

The most important thing to me is my own personal reputation and i am not willing to try out new products which have not been fully tested in this country when there are are excellent tried and tested alteratives call be conservative if you like ,but im not putting my neck on the line for any manufacturer

Intergas i have read their warranty paper and not to be biased you need to download it and read what their warranty is EXACTLY.
Does it cover parts and labour?

No good saying our boilers dont go wrong thats the biggest lie,they all go wrong no matter which brand

The service,support ,techical back up and how the manufacturer will cover the warranty claims is very important

Here obviously you can not beat the major manufacturers like worsceter,vaillant baxi potterton

When you buy a boiler,its not just the box of tricks to go on the wall but the service that comes with it

Ive installed nearly every make of boiler , combi, system, or open vent
and i've praised quite a few and then been let down by many. Yes your right the Bi flow heat exchangers have all been done before and its all down to design and quality of build. With over a million boilers sold and only a few recalls in my oppion they are light years ahead of the competition. We've all been told lie's before by boiler manufacters
and because of this are very cautious when its our reputation thats on the line. This is one boiler i will be putting in my own house i've made do with a BBU only because every time i thought i'd found a decent combi something as gone wrong

Ive installed nearly every make of boiler , combi, system, or open vent
and i've praised quite a few and then been let down by many. Yes your right the Bi flow heat exchangers have all been done before and its all down to design and quality of build. With over a million boilers sold and only a few recalls in my oppion they are light years ahead of the competition. We've all been told lie's before by boiler manufacters
and because of this are very cautious when its our reputation thats on the line. This is one boiler i will be putting in my own house i've made do with a BBU only because every time i thought i'd found a decent combi something as gone wrong

Milllions sold where in UK? thats the first i have heard of it

yes it will be leading edge technology in your house specially when you still have back boiler in there!!!!

can you explain the warranty policy for simpleton like me and who will be honouring the warranty and does it include labour plus parts or labour only?

Obviously you will have researched all of this before you unleash this paericuliar item on your customers

You don't sound like a happy plumber to me, in fact i'd say your rather abrasive with your comments.
3 years parts and labour 10 years on heat exchanger subject to appliance being serviced. One millions units sold in Holland over the last Ten years .Does that answer your questions. AT the moment there's quite a few installers on this forum that like Dutch boilers, and like i've already said i've been around long enough to know quality. But time will tell.

THe reason i've got a BBU is it was in the house when i moved in and i've not had the cash to change it. But then again it works its reliable, its cheap to maintain, so what i spend on gas is saved on parts.

Intergas has a boiler to sell... it is not like football teams

They have about the only boiler that would get the double A rated score when the new sebuk ratings come in.
No diverter valve,
No plate heat exchanger
No AAV,
Can change with the customer needs from being a water heater to an open vented heat only boiler to combi.

I am under no illuminates about intergas. I don't think it is a gold plated Jesus boiler... but I trust them a hell of a lot more then Worcester boush and valliant... for a start they don't lie about were they get their boilers made :rolleyes:

Intergas has made a clever innovative boiler and I will fitting them with an open mind.

Ah i did not mean to come across as being abrasive like yourself i saw this particuliar boiler at installer live

The confusion in the warranty is as said you say three someone else says two

Yes i did like the boiler, very pretty slim and i heard all the salesmans speel actually i do like to do plenty of research on any product before i inflict it onto our customers

the way you said it has sold million was rather misleading maybe it has in holland but that was not stated in the original post

I have no vested interest in prometing any particuliar boiler yes some of them offer you tee shirts tools or 50 quid cash back etc

If you go into the cc you will see the thread on remeha another one which was being flogged like dead horse here for few years,now suddenly the issues are arising .Have read it is rather enlightening again another boiler year or so ago people were raving about.

I am not having a go at you personally so dont take it that way,have merry xmas and successful new year

:D :D :D

there you go happy as larry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back