Replacement of Danfoss 102 controller with Hive 2 Active Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, I've read most of the posts on the Hive system so I think I have this correct but would like confirmation.

I have a Worcester Bosch Oil fired boiler, no thermostat, and a gravity fed water tank. I currently have no way of controlling my heating inside the house as the boiler and timer (which is next to useless) are both in an outhouse. The attached is a picture or the wiring in the Danfoss timer where 1 = HW, 2 = CH, 3 = COM, 5 = N, 6 = L, am I correct in thinking that to connect the hive receiver:
1 on Danfoss moves to 3 on the Hive receiver
2 on Danfoss moves to 4 on the Hive receiver
and the wire currently connecting 3 and 6 on the Danfoss is not required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hive-jpg.88616

Attachments

• 20161124_181923.jpg
    20161124_181923.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,349
Sponsored Links
The old timer only allows heating on when the hot water is on, depending on what system of valves/pumps you have you may need to set the Hive to 'gravity' mode, so the hive works in the same way, or the boiler may not fire if only the heating is selected.

As for the wiring that sounds correct.

Hi Cap'n Cool,

Please could you tell me how you took the housing off the danfoss timer? Besides the screw at the bottom, i cant find anything obvious and i dont want to force it off, in case i cant get the hive to work.

Thanks so much,
Gail

Sponsored Links
you undo the screw and pull the housing forward towards you it is on a slider

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back