Replacing my boiler... recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give gas advice. Why do you think that I do?

Sponsored Links
But with a 7 year warranty who cares? Bin it when out of warranty and get another one.

I'm talking about repairs on old boilers. They have to offer cheap installs because they're competing with those of us who can economically fix the existing ones.

Sponsored Links
Some do both. The difference is an engineer will tend to replace what can't be repaired rather than what 'he' can't repair.

What's this then?

The fan bearings are worn and it's starting to flutter. WD40 can't cure worn bearings, you need a replacement.

Apart from wrong.

I'm talking about bearings. Fook all to do with gas. So you think WD40 can repair worn bearnigs? Hahahahahah :mrgreen:

So you don't think messing about with the fan inside a room sealed boiler is anything to do with gas then?
http://oi50.tinypic.com/2z5p0ma.jpg[/QUOTE]

I didn't diagnose a fan fault. An RGI did that. I only commented on the bearings.

Apart from being bored with all this personal slagging off, I am interested to know where Joe gets this figure of £1000 a day. I never mentioned anything like that. I charge £200 a day.
As for a £1500 flue, I own a property with a boiler 3 floors up where the flue exits up from the boiler, through the roof, then turns horizontally before terminating. Because it would cost me a lot more than £1500 to replace the flue what with £5000 for scaffolding and so on, it is important to me to keep the existing boiler in good working order. Fortunately it is an old Vaillant VUW 242, made from ex German Army tanks so as long as I can continue to get spares, I will keep it. That is one reason that the original poster of this question cannot get a quote without someone going to see the installation.

some of us charge, and get, much more... beleive it or not not everyone wants cheap and cheerful..a growing number of people see the benefit of paying the proper price for things...

its why John Lewis had an excellent christmas and HMV and blockbuster closed....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back