Replacing my boiler... recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah - they come with a 7 year warranty.

Precisely, so no repair revenue for 7 years for proper installer.

However someone elses sh*t & scarper install = no warranty for punter = paid every time you put right others peoples mistakes.

Sponsored Links
Nah - they come with a 7 year warranty.

Precisely, so no repair revenue for 7 years for proper installer.

However someone elses sh*t & scarper install = no warranty for punter = paid every time you put right others peoples mistakes.

The warranty is honoured by the likes of Bosch. Live with it. It's the future.

Not on a dirty system with undersized gas etc.

The good manus will do 1 repair and advise remedial works or warranty is void (enter me to make more than the guy who put the boiler in)
The **** manus (ideal) will run as soon as they find the smallest problem
(enter me to make more than the guy who put the boiler in)

The warranty is honoured by the likes of Bosch. Live with it. It's the future.

Yeh that's right,
Bosch are going to come over, chemically clean & treat your system, make good around your flue, clear any airlocks, balance your rads, tidy up the wiring, fit any extra expansion vessels, fix any leaks, terminate your prv safely and mop up any other of the post cheapskate installation f/ups most of us deal with regularly.

And all covered under their warranty for 7 years.

Sponsored Links
The problem with all of your posts joe is you're not speaking from experience

This is why people don't take you seriously.

You confuse what gas safe actually is. There is a big clue in their name(psst it's the "safe" bit I'm referring to) they have no interest in quality of workmanship. If it doesn't kill it's all good in their eyes.

For a good quality job you need a trained experienced installer.
That doesn't mean that none of the eBayers are the above just in general when you pay cheap you get cheap

You confuse what gas safe actually is. There is a big clue in their name(psst it's the "safe" bit I'm referring to) they have no interest in quality of workmanship. If it doesn't kill it's all good in their eyes.

That doesn't mean that none of the eBayers are the above just in general when you pay cheap you get cheap

Tesco make just a few pence in the pound profit - but they are doing OK. Some boiler fitters choose volume fitting. It doesn't mean they are cowboys, it's just their business model.

Tesco make just a few pence in the pound profit - but they are doing OK. Some boiler fitters choose volume fitting. It doesn't mean they are cowboys, it's just their business model.

Again how is that comment relevant to anything I've just said

All those things are done by the Gas Safe fitters on Ebay. They simply choose to work for less than a grand a day. Do you charge a grand a day labour Tibby?

If either of those things applied, I wouldn't need to be in the trade by now.

That's if you take account of Tesco's overheads, which you forget with trades. To apply your usual line, Tesco pay a few coppers for produce they then sell for a few pounds.

With volume fitters, you'll find they charge the highest prices. The cheapest boiler fitters do so cos' they can't get work at more money and don't have the skills or knowledge to do repairs etc.

But with a 7 year warranty who cares? Bin it when out of warranty and get another one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back