replacing my thermal store and boiler…Help in specifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Is this the same Ray Tay who was adamant a flue elbow/joint had to pass through a void??

Is this the same Ray Tay who was adamant a flue elbow/joint had to pass through a void??
You can't read properly. Leave the reading to engineers not guys on the tools.
:) :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You can just picture the scene in the DPS or Newark office; ' Oi Joe, I've got a NOREA(nutty, old, retired, engineer, rsole) on line two, he's looking for a sludge bucket with more coils than a Family Planning Clinic, you phone over to DPS & see how much they quoted him, tell them to double it & I'll treble it'.

The Navitron Solar forum is full of them too!! It was like a room full of coffin Dodgers in there!!

But you clearly can't see your contradiction in that statement BG, are you for real??!!!
The full set of drawings is a sketch??
You seem to lack the skill of comprehension..... What was posted here was a single sketch and not intended to provide any installation details, you seem to believe that a sketch like that is all that I would provide if I was asking a tradesman to carry out the installation.

You can just picture the scene in the DPS or Newark office; ' Oi Joe, I've got a NOREA(nutty, old, retired, engineer, rsole) on line two,
Why do you sink to the depths of handing out insults to people who have a different opinion to yours ? Is it because you feel have to make an answer that will disprove the person's opnion but find you cannot disprove it using factual information ?.

Gettting back to the subject although the last few pages have been more interesting :cry:.

Has BG been back to finally fix the fault ? i believe the fault was poor supply of hot water in the shower.

Has BG measured the water temperature at the shower and taps and noted these readings,this would be a good starting point, an easy task,then future measurements can be made to see if the problem has been rectified.

Maybe BG have pulled their trump card by saying it needs a powerflush or its scaled up and they dont deal with scale build up,its only a maybe thou.

Hope it gets fixed.

But you clearly can't see your contradiction in that statement BG, are you for real??!!!
The full set of drawings is a sketch??
You seem to lack the skill of comprehension..... What was posted here was a single sketch and not intended to provide any installation details, you seem to believe that a sketch like that is all that I would provide if I was asking a tradesman to carry out the installation.

You can just picture the scene in the DPS or Newark office; ' Oi Joe, I've got a NOREA(nutty, old, retired, engineer, rsole) on line two,
Why do you sink to the depths of handing out insults to people who have a different opinion to yours ? Is it because you feel have to make an answer that will disprove the person's opnion but find you cannot disprove it using factual information ?.

Oh really??!! And when asked you instantly change the design. Not, oh sorry yes I missed that bit out of my sketch.
Typical fag packet Consultants, totally useless!!

You can just picture the scene in the DPS or Newark office; ' Oi Joe, I've got a NOREA(nutty, old, retired, engineer, rsole) on line two, he's looking for a sludge bucket with more coils than a Family Planning Clinic, you phone over to DPS & see how much they quoted him, tell them to double it & I'll treble it'.

The Navitron Solar forum is full of them too!! It was like a room full of coffin Dodgers in there!!
You make me larf :)

creamcrackers, The temperatures around the Systemate can be seen from the LED on the pcb. If the plate heat exchanger is scaled up it is a simple matter of screwing one in and out. That is a DIY job. The water on the heating rads side is separate to the water in the Systemate's cylinder.

Gaswizard, the flue config is a the elbow on the top of the boiler and another running into a ceiling space. One end of the elbow will be out of view and inside the void space. You were saying this does not need a CO detector or an inspect hatch. As one flue elbow joint is in the void and out of view I doubt that. But if you are right please give us a link.

PullerGas, wrote "The Navitron Solar forum is full of them too!!"
I think it was that forum, where one fellow fed into a normal cold water tank fed cylinder I think a 100 foot coil of 15mm plastic Polybute pipe, and used this to instantly heat a mains water fed shower, as what Bernard has. Apparently it worked very well and very cheap to do. The pipe was rated for high temperatures. I don't know what the downside would be as the pipe is softer when hot. The expansion and contraction must prevent scale building up on the pipe.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back