replacing my thermal store and boiler…Help in specifying

Status
Not open for further replies.
bernardgreen, you have an old setup that needs one of those awful, noisy, leaky, power shower pumps to avoid running around the shower to get wet. :)
No I do not. I have a shower with full mains water pressure.
water shower.jpg
The green / orange "box" in the top of the cylinder is a "coil" with a large surface area.

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen, apologies, well it does not look like a coil. Neat. Did you have this custom made? I remember seeing these for sale a long time ago. What is the performance of the shower? Can it do two showers? What temperature do you need the cylinder set to?

Last edited:
yes it was custom made, it is actually 4 coils of 10 mm in parallel to get a larger surface area. It probably could do two showers at the same time. ( It was necessary to restrict the flow as full bore was a bit too much for the shower tray ). Temperature hasn't been measured

Sponsored Links
Dan Robinson, I thought you would respond as such.:) Congratulations on your 17 years which has proven nothing. I have proven I know more about the Systemate and how it works than you for certain.

Bernardgreen, Neat. What temperature do you set the cylinder at? Does it need a thermostat blending valve? on the shower and/or the normal hot water pipe from the cylinder?

Dan Robinson, I thought you would respond as such.:) Congratulations on your 17 years which has proven nothing. I have proven I know more about the Systemate and how it works than you for certain.

Bernardgreen, Neat. What temperature do you set the cylinder at? Does it need a thermostat blending valve? on the shower and/or the normal hot water pipe from the cylinder?

How long pray tell have you been a professional Heating engineer? How many thermal stores have you worked on, made, or modified?

Don't tell us, you are the lead rocket scientist for a major engineering firm and have been integral in the design and manufacture of the LHC and we're honoured by your presence and sage advice on all things related to domestic hydronics

Dan Robinson, I am not interested in off topic stuff like how long your CV is. In this thread you have proven you know little about the Systemate. In fact few here knew anything about it. It is a wonderful idea. Simple. So cut it out and let your ego drop a few notches.

"Never underestimate the persistence of stupidity". How true Dan. ;)

Last edited:
bernardgreen, you have an old setup that needs one of those awful, noisy, leaky, power shower pumps to avoid running around the shower to get wet. :)
No I do not. I have a shower with full mains water pressure.
View attachment 96710
The green / orange "box" in the top of the cylinder is a "coil" with a large surface area.

Oi BG, does your C/Heat F&R connect to your sludge bucket?

bernardgreen, apologies, well it does not look like a coil. Neat. Did you have this custom made? I remember seeing these for sale a long time ago. What is the performance of the shower? Can it do two showers? What temperature do you need the cylinder set to?

Could this be the reincarnation of Doctor Drivel, Big Burner, Water Systems etc etc etc???!!!
Ray Tay gay day.

It is not a sludge bucket, flow and return do connect to the coil in the bottom of the cylinder to heat the water.

Could this be the reincarnation of Doctor Drivel, Big Burner, Water Systems etc etc etc???!!!

Could this be a reincarnation of Sir Richard Puller von Hohenburg, died Zurich 1482

image.png

gazdaz36, Overcomplicated? You have never looked inside one. There is nothing there.

gledhill-boiler.jpg

Mmmmmm looking at the two alternatives I wonder which one is overcomplicated ????

It is not a sludge bucket, flow and return do connect to the coil in the bottom of the cylinder to heat the water.

Could this be a reincarnation of Sir Richard Puller von Hohenburg, died Zurich 1482

Really BG??? Your details doesn't show it fella, but hey what's new - just a normal consultant, miss half the details from the drawings & leave the installer to guess the design!

miss half the details from the drawings & leave the installer to guess the design!
If I was putting the design out to an installer than there would be a full set of drawings and not just a rough sketch. That said I woud have expected an expert in heating to have been able to interpret that sketch using his or her experience and knowledge.

Sorry Bernard Green but you are nothing but a googler , you spend time on this site (when not googling) in the hope that other members who are not as informed as the professionals portray you as some kind of authority to the plumbing/heating industry , it doesn't wash.
I would imagine your 'wish list' in life would be to turn the clock back and to have ventured into the plumbing/ heating industry in the hope to become an authority on the subject at some point.
My thoughts are with you...

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back