Replacing Storage Heaters with Panel Heaters

Oh, I see - so you are "on grid" for electricity, and have indeed had E7? If so, all my previous comments still apply, and I would be surprised if your proposed change (including getting rid of E7) did not result in a a financial benefit.

My village is also 'off grid' for piped gas, but that doesn't stop us villagers having 'wet heating' - using LPG or oil (and, in a few cases, wood or other solid fuel).

Kind Regards, John

Ye plain old E7!

We used to rent a house in the village with LPG - never again it was ****ing extortionate! Looked at oil a couple of years ago but i'd never make it back as its our first house and will likely move next year or two. Bit of discipline with timers and I think we can make electric/wood work fine. Its not a huge house thankfully

Sponsored Links
We used to rent a house in the village with LPG - never again it was ****ing extortionate! Looked at oil a couple of years ago but i'd never make it back as its our first house and will likely move next year or two. Bit of discipline with timers and I think we can make electric/wood work fine. Its not a huge house thankfully
Fair enough. LPG is, indeed, very expensive, but generally still not as expensive as electricity (certainly on 'standard tariffs'). However, if your primary heating is with wood and, as you've said, you have a free supply of that fuel, that would seem to be the most sensible option for you, particularly given that it's probably not going to be too long.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back