Report on

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
She has also been included on a trip abroad
UPDATE: Not any longer.:(

She ran away/absconded (twice) in recent days. She always ends up back at her Ma's. She was considered too high a risk whilst abroad, so safeguarding was the main issue. Its a pity and a disappointment.

These kids have huge issues. Their defence mechanisms are varied, that most of us would not understand, but do follow a behaviour pattern. Effing sad.

a, Pakistani's are people who come from Pakistan. Unless you're just fond of calling all these people an old derogatory word?

b, Pakistan is in Asia. So to call them Asians is correct.

THIS morning, on the radio, there was a report of a child who had been stabbed yesterday, in front of his mother, in Leicester. The attacker fled the scene, and so the police are looking for him, and have described him as "Asian."

This is a case in point. If I lived in Leicester, and wanted to help the police find this man, how would I know what I was looking for? Should I be looking for a Chinaman, an Indian, a Turk, a Russian, a Mongolian or a Korean? Maybe a Thai, a Kazak, a Singaporean or a Korean?

There are 4.5 billion Asians; why are the police not being more specific?

(The child is OK, btw.)

I would say it is an example of so-called political correctness where the reporter is afraid to say the police are looking for a person of brownness (or should that be blackness?).

On a wider note, it is another example of modern sloppiness in the English language where terms are used for things which they don't actually mean - such as black, Islamophobic, Semitic etc. - resulting in people not knowing what was actually meant. It's safer that way.

Sponsored Links
Back